windows 2000 resource kit

Mike

Is the windows 2000 resource kit available for download? Does anyone have a
link? I am specifically looking for instsrv.exe and Srvany.exe

thanks
Mike

Steve Parry [MVP]

Mike said:
Thanks that's what it kept pointing to but the ms purchase windows
2000 resource kit page was not functioning. Can you tell me about
how much it is for the windows 2000 resource kit ?

Are we talking hundreds or thousands?

Mike

not sure if this helps

ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/ResKit/win2000/

Oli Restorick [MVP]

Definitely in the region of hundreds, if that. Get Technet is my advice.

The Windows 2000 Pro RK is about $50 (it's a book and CD). That probably
contains the tools you're after. If not, the complete 2000 RK is about $150
(at a guess).

Oli

Steven L Umbach

Hi Mike. Go to Amazon and search for the Windows 2000 Resource Kit
Supplement One which is supposed to have all the tolos on the included
cdrom. If you look in the used/new secondary sellers you can see may copies
for under $20. Just be sure to buy a new one. Some used ones may not have
cdrom. --- Steve

http://tinyurl.com/jd8h --- Amazon link.

Carrie Garth \(MVP\)

Hi Mike,

Instsrv.exe and srvany.exe are not included in the list of Free Tool Downloads from
the Windows 2000 Professional Resource Kit. However, you may find the following
archived newsgroup post to this identical question helpful.

Link via Google Groups Newsgroup Archives:
http://www.google.com/groups?&[email protected]

Or search for it using Google and the following Message Header information:

Google Advanced Groups Search
http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search