Windows 10 Windows 10 - so much more civilised

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Super isn't it? The new BSOD notification is just so much more polite and friendly.

But... a BSOD is still about as welcome as a wasp in one's underwear.

DSC02100.JPG

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Uh oh. I think I must be lucky, I can't remember the last problem I had with my PC. Probably jinxed it now though... :eek:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
tbh that's the first BSOD I've had with Win 10 but I have experienced some problems along the way albeit most of them minor.

The thing that niggled me most was the machine just re-booting by itself out of the blue after applying updates in the background. But Spybot Anti Beacon put paid to that annoyance.

All in all though I still prefer Win 7 over Win 10.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
In my experience the first really stable Microsoft operating system was Windows 7. Win XP was a step in the right direction but I recall every 18 months or two years having to do a fresh install of XP as it became bogged down and sluggish.

I only used Vista briefly, it was so SLOW and didn't bother with 8 or any of its variants at all. Same with ME, I skipped that. There was another I didn't use either, what was that? 2000? NT? Can't remember.

I still have Win 98 installed on an old AMD Socket A machine just to play a few old games and I was actually quite shocked to discover how fragile and unstable it was, Win 98 gets upset and corrupts very easily. I can't remember Win 95 except to remember loading about a zillion floppy disks to install an office suite or a game.

Then there was DOS, earliest I used was 6.0, kinda like using the terminal in todays Linux Distros, you had to know what you were doing. It was, however, imo, more stable than Win 98.

Abraham Andres Luna

Child of God
Reaction score
Maybe I like all those old OSs because it reminds me of simpler times. Remember all you needed was 600MB to install an OS along with your games and Office Suite? Now you need GB of HD and the OS still isn't secure.

Ask a Question