Win7 (and Vista) hidden feature: Godmode

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
The feature is called "GodMode" and is described thus over on Cnet:

By creating a new folder in Windows 7 and renaming it with a certain text string at the end, users are able to have a single place to do everything from changing the look of the mouse pointer to making a new hard-drive partition.

......although it works fine in 32-bit versions of Vista, it can cause 64-bit versions of that operating system to crash.

I am using 32-bit Vista, and it works! Very neat tweak.:thumb: :D

Reaction score
Hi TC,
happywave.gif

I was reading about "God Mode" just yesterday but, i was of the impression you needed a registry change of some sort using that string you mentioned. I shy away from registry changes cos i simply don't know enough about the registry. A folder however,lol. i might just give it a try, and see.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I cant be god, 64 bit here..... :(

Reaction score
Hi TC, again...
I have just read that if you save this folder to a usb drive it works on every computer you plug in to.
Also it has trashed some peoples machine if they're using W7, although some people report it works fine on W7.
Another geezah said it's old news and has been around since Windows 95.
I like the usb part.

Reaction score
Hi folks...i found this and might try it tomorrow. It will suit 64bit owners.
Here's a snippet
We are pleased to release Access Panel for Windows 7 & Vista, x86 and x64. While you can use Control Panel to change settings which control nearly everything about how Windows looks and works, in some cases to access these very controls , or the in-built Windows programs, requires you to engage in multiple clicks or know their names.
trans.gif

It looks nice too

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-access-panel-for-windows-7-vista

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I have GOD mode on my Windows 7 64bit ... If it don't do as I want it to, I press the power button, instant death.

:laugh:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
After re reading that i noticed it says is breaks Vista 64 bit not Windows 7. :)

Quite handy having all that in one place, makes you wonder why they didn't do it in the first place...

9s5t77.jpg

Ask a Question