Win00 Pro & Win9x/Me (peer-to-peer network)

Existing peer-to-peer network consists of the following:

Desktop 1: Windows Me (This will become Windows 2000 Pro)
Desktop 2: Windows Me
Laptop 1: Windows 98SE
Laptop 2: Windows 95a

Please answer YES or NO for each question. Feel free to add comments. The
plan is for the new Windows 2000 Pro PC is to have Drive C (operating system
& installed apps) to be NTFS and Drive D (my existing data & downloaded
files) to remain as FAT32. Currently using Windows ME, and both drives are
FAT32. Drive D is source location for data, drivers and downloaded programs.
When I install them, they're installed to Drive C, destination drive. I need
to take Drive D out of WinMe computer and put it in Win00 Pro computer. Drive
C will be reformatted as NTFS during Windows 2000 installation. Only Drive C
will be NTFS. Drive D remains FAT32.

YES/NO -- I can connect my Windows 2000 (Drive C: NTFS, Drive D: FAT32) PC
to Windows 95/98/ME (FAT32) PCs to share files and printers.
YES/NO -- I will not have problems reading the FAT32 PCs from my NTFS PC.
YES/NO -- I will not have problems reading the NTFS PC from my FAT32 PCs.
YES/NO -- The FAT32 PCs can read any drive on my NTFS PC regardless of file
system used.
YES/NO -- The FAT32 PCs can read only the NTFS C Drive on my NTFS PC
YES/NO -- The FAT32 PCs can read only the FAT32 D Drive on my NTFS PC
YES/NO -- The FAT32 PCs cannot read any drive on my NTFS PC
YES/NO -- Files on my NTFS PC can be transferred to the FAT32 PCs
YES/NO -- Files on the FAT32 PCs can be transferred to the NTFS PCs

BobC

From: "=?Utf-8?B?U2VhU3BlZWRlcg==?=" <[email protected]>
Subject: Win00 Pro & Win9x/Me (peer-to-peer network)
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 10:46:03 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.networking

[...]

File system (NTFS/Fat32) is irrelevant in networking. All MS Operating
systems will network with each other.

Guillermo

Your questions just make it complicated to answer.
In summary, everything will work with everything, i.e. any system can read,
write and transfer anything from the network or from any other networked
drives.

guillermo