Your XP mybe a Fat32

Hot-Text

| 32G Flash Voyager USB Pen
| Been using it for quite a while.
| On my Win 7 Pro PC I just now formatted it NTFS and wrote a few
| folders/files to it. All seemed well.
| On my Win XP Pro laptop is does not recognise it and says it is
| corrupted. Tries several USB ports just in case but no luck.
| One of my USB ports on the laptop is flaky.
| I notice that Win XP does not offer to format NTFS.
| Why?
| What can I do to use the Flash most efficiently between both PCs?
| Yes, I may have files > 4G so NTFS (best) or exFat is it

To be Recognise by XP
Up to 2GB is only Fat16
Your 32GB is Fat32
100GB or more NTFS

Your Win 7 Pro PC Recognise it
Because it is a NTFS

Windows 3.1 Fat16
do not Recognise
Windows 98 Fat32

If your XP is in a Fat32
it will not Recognise a NTFS

Hot-Text

| On 04/03/2014 03:54 AM, Hot-Text wrote:
| 98 Fat32
| > If your XP is in a Fat32
| > it will not Recognise a NTFS
| >
| Absolutely and 100% WRONG

How do you know if i am at
no time you show that it will read
a NTFS
Do you have a XP on a 32Fat?
Then show so that i am Wrong

Hot-Text

| Ken Blake, MVP wrote:
| >> On 04/03/2014 03:54 AM, Hot-Text wrote:
| >> 98 Fat32
| >> Absolutely and 100% WRONG
| > As is almost everything else he says.
|
| Well, maybe it's because his text is too hot to handle?

Maybe MVP do not have a XP as in a Fat32
To run a Test to see

Paul

Hot-Text said:
| On 04/03/2014 03:54 AM, Hot-Text wrote:
| 98 Fat32
| > If your XP is in a Fat32
| > it will not Recognise a NTFS
| >
| Absolutely and 100% WRONG

How do you know if i am at
no time you show that it will read
a NTFS
Do you have a XP on a 32Fat?
Then show so that i am Wrong

I have WinXP installed on a FAT32 partition,
and have a mixture of NTFS and FAT32 partitions
viewable on my system. WinXP has built-in FAT32
and NTFS support, no matter what. For exFAT support,
there is a download available to add that to the OS.

(WinXP FAT32 is booted...)
http://i62.tinypic.com/2itrbeb.gif

Paul

Hot-Text

"Ken Blake, MVP"
<[email protected]>
wrote in message
@4ax.com...
| > On 04/03/2014 03:54 AM, Hot-Text wrote:
| > 98 Fat32
| > > If your XP is in a Fat32
| > > it will not Recognise a NTFS
| > Absolutely and 100% WRONG
| As is almost everything else he says.

Almost
Then is it Wrong
Where your Link to show
If you are Almost Right?

You have add software
to Recognise and read a NTFS
with a Fat32

You have to add software
to Recognise and read a Fat32
With a Fat16 too!

You do know that Xp can stop
a Windows 98 from working
Mybe not to day but it will happen
Just get it time and you will see!

You would li^e $%%ing this in a File name
in 98 When viewing with a XP
That day will came too

Hot-Text

| On Thu, 03 Apr 2014 16:11:48 -0700, Ken Blake, MVP wrote:
| >> On 04/03/2014 03:54 AM, Hot-Text wrote:
| >> 98 Fat32
| >> Absolutely and 100% WRONG
| > As is almost everything else he says.
|
| I thought he thought he's on rec.arts.poems.

POSTED with aioe.org No rec.arts.poems

Hot-Text

| > | 98 Fat32
| > | Absolutely and 100% WRONG
| > How do you know if i am at
| > no time you show that it will read
| > a NTFS
| > Do you have a XP on a 32Fat?
| > Then show so that i am Wrong
| I have WinXP installed on a FAT32 partition,
| and have a mixture of NTFS and FAT32 partitions
| viewable on my system. WinXP has built-in FAT32
| and NTFS support, no matter what.

Yes Software is built-in to WinXP view NTFS

For exFAT support,
| there is a download available to add that to the OS.
| (WinXP FAT32 is booted...)
| http://i62.tinypic.com/2itrbeb.gif

Paul you right
Maybe you need to be
The MVP here

philo see how good Paul

Paul

Bill said:
I added that exFAT capability some time ago, too, but haven't ever used it
(for the most part due to the potential incompatibility problems that might
arise (since how many things can even recognize it?).

At this point I wonder if there really is any use for it. IOW, having both
the FAT32 and NTFS options should handle most everything, I would think.

I'm in a similar situation. I added the exFAT driver, but so far,
I haven't had a scenario where using it made sense.
If it had broader support, I might have been tempted.

Paul

Hot-Text

"Paul" <nospam
@needed.com>
wrote in message
@dont-email.me...
| Bill in Co wrote:
| > Paul wrote:
| >> I have WinXP installed on a FAT32 partition,
| >> and have a mixture of NTFS and FAT32 partitions
| >> viewable on my system. WinXP has built-in FAT32
| >> and NTFS support, no matter what. For exFAT support,
| >> there is a download available to add that to the OS.
| >> (WinXP FAT32 is booted...)
| >> http://i62.tinypic.com/2itrbeb.gif
| >> Paul
| > I added that exFAT capability some time ago, too, but haven't ever used
it
| > (for the most part due to the potential incompatibility problems that
might
| > arise (since how many things can even recognize it?).
| > At this point I wonder if there really is any use for it. IOW, having
both
| > the FAT32 and NTFS options should handle most everything, I would think.
| I'm in a similar situation. I added the exFAT driver, but so far,
| I haven't had a scenario where using it made sense.
| If it had broader support, I might have been tempted.

Paul beingTempted by the fruit of another cool

^$ 64bit Will it Gave you more?
exFAT driver is in 64bit right?
So is not just a Microsoft Name for a Fat64?

<
http://www.networkworld.com/news/2009/121009-microsoft-exfat-multimedia-file-system.html >

Microsoft looks to get exFAT in more cameras,
smartphones

Dam Windows *8 a Smartphone Mm................

I just get a 64bit Computer
It come with windows XP Pro Sp2 32bit
Windows 8 Pro 64
Need list Hm

Ken Blake, MVP

| Ken Blake, MVP wrote:
| >> On 04/03/2014 03:54 AM, Hot-Text wrote:
| >> 98 Fat32
| >> Absolutely and 100% WRONG
| > As is almost everything else he says.
|
| Well, maybe it's because his text is too hot to handle?

Maybe MVP do not have a XP as in a Fat32
To run a Test to see

How sad that we are not together someplace where I could bet you
thousands of dollars that you are wrong.