Win XP Home questions

G

Lance,
Did you have any problems accessing that feature? I've tried 4 or 5 times and keep getting error messages.
Error: Unable to open file "D:\pagefile.sys". Once I click the 'ok' button on the error message, I get another error message that says: Recording failure when writing CD %s. Do you wish to continue? When I click on Yes I get a CD Creator.exe dialog box that says CD Creator.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. The link for more information about this error lists this informaition: AppName: cd creator.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.1 ModName: unknown
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00000000
The program starts ok and tells me I'll need 7 cd's and asks me if I wish to continue. At this point it has gone throug the first step that says (list files) but then on the second step (Collect file contents) is where it stops and I get all the problems. I'm signed in as the administrator and I can't find where it says anything about disabling Drive d recovery or anything like that. Also I turned off all running applications. While I was trying to figure it out I thought maybe i should re-enable my hp center feature, but I cant do that either. Is this the only way I can make some disks? I don't know what to do with windows Boot disks (floppy) so those wont do me much good.
Thanks anyone that may know an answer,
Ronelle

Ask a Question