win 2k3 dns error

• Thread starter John Goodman CT @ Princeton
  • Start date
J

John Goodman CT @ Princeton

I get the following sytem log error:

Dynamic registration or deletion of one or more DNS records associated with DNS domain 'TAPI3Directory.domain.local.' failed. These records are used by other computers to locate this server as a domain controller (if the specified domain is an Active Directory domain) or as an LDAP server (if the specified domain is an application partition).

Possible causes of failure include:

- TCP/IP properties of the network connections of this computer contain wrong IP address(es) of the preferred and alternate DNS servers

- Specified preferred and alternate DNS servers are not running

- DNS server(s) primary for the records to be registered is not running

- Preferred or alternate DNS servers are configured with wrong root hints

I set my DNS servers in the TCPIP settings in the NIC adaper to recieve from dhcp

Should I have the local DC as the DNS server?

J

John Goodman CT @ Princeton

when I set the DNS for the local DC the error goes away
hmm I guess I answered my own question.

I get the following sytem log error:

Dynamic registration or deletion of one or more DNS records associated with DNS domain 'TAPI3Directory.domain.local.' failed. These records are used by other computers to locate this server as a domain controller (if the specified domain is an Active Directory domain) or as an LDAP server (if the specified domain is an application partition).

Possible causes of failure include:

- TCP/IP properties of the network connections of this computer contain wrong IP address(es) of the preferred and alternate DNS servers

- Specified preferred and alternate DNS servers are not running

- DNS server(s) primary for the records to be registered is not running

- Preferred or alternate DNS servers are configured with wrong root hints

I set my DNS servers in the TCPIP settings in the NIC adaper to recieve from dhcp

Should I have the local DC as the DNS server?

Ask a Question