Win 2000

I just installed Windows 2000 from ME with the suggested
upgrade pack. Everything seems to be working ok except i
the colors. It only gives me the option of 16 color. How
do I get all of my colors back? I can't view my pictures!

Bruce Chambers

Greetings --

Have you downloaded and installed the Win2K-specific video drivers
from your video adapter manufacturer's web site?

Bruce Chambers
--
Help us help you:

having both at once. -- RAH

Bill Peele [MS]

--------------------
From: <[email protected]>
Subject: Win 2000
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 09:26:32 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.general

I just installed Windows 2000 from ME with the suggested
upgrade pack. Everything seems to be working ok except i
the colors. It only gives me the option of 16 color. How
do I get all of my colors back? I can't view my pictures!
---

It sounds like you are on the standard display driver. Most likely you will need to obtain a Windows 2000 video driver from
you video card or computer manufacturer.

In the mean time you can go to the Settings tab of Display Properties, click the Advanced button, go to the Adapter tab and
see which driver you are currently using.

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.