WIN 16 SUBSYSTEM HAS INSUFFICENT RESOURCES

I have looked thru all of windows xp newsgroups and not one person has posted
my problem>>>that scares me...ok here it is ... I am running win xp pro.

when trying to install new software like embroidery programs --Janome
digitizer 10000 and there was 3 other programs that i could not install
because of the following

APPLICATION: ISSET_SE (this is in the blue at the top of the window)

THE WIN 16 SUBSYSTEM HAS INSUFFICENT RESOURCES TO CONTINUE RUNNING. CLICK
ON OK, CLOSE YOUR APPLICATIONS, AND RESTART YOUR MACHINE.

well i have dont that and they still will not install, I have even gone as
far as shutting everything down except for what is need to run win xp pro.
and i still get the same message. and yet i can install other software such
as melco design shop 2005 which is older then the janome digitizer......and
one more thing I installed the same program on my labtop running the win xp
pro and it install just fine.

can someone please advise me in what to do to correct this ....

Thank you

not so scary.....

There is a possibility that the problem may be that you need a patch or
update for that unfunctional program. Just becuase one old software works
and the other does not, is not strange at all.

The old program that doesn't work correctly may have been designed to use
old fashioned memory managers that winxp doesn't utilize anymore. Also, The
old program may be designed to use a config.sys or an autoexec.bat. Or there
could be other programming design techniques that have gone out of style with
the times. Maybe it was designed for a fat and is not compatiable with
ntfs or somethng.... Maybe since its an embrodery program, then the problem
may be with "graphics" or "video" or something.....

There are many old softwares that are simply not compatiable with winXP.
And trying to look for tricks or bypass the winxp design by forcing the
unfunctional program to operate, will only cause it to crash....

If the old program has installed a memory manager in autoexec or config.sys
then maybe removing the line will help. But this is only a guess in the
dark....

Have you tried right clicking on the icon and see if you can set the old
program to run in an older enviroment.....?

If this doesnt work, then you need to upgrade that old software or look for
a patch from its mfg's website...

WinXP provides a tool to test the compatiability of old software and will
give you the results.

Wesley Vogel

Unplug your modem.
Disable any Antivirus software.
Try installing again.
When finished, re-enable Antivirus software.

If not AV software, it might be Intellipoint (Mouse software).

The Point32 Program Is Running
Quit the Point32 program by pressing CTRL+ALT+DELETE to open the Close
Program dialog box, clicking Point32, clicking End Task, and then clicking
End Task again.

The Mswheel Program Is Running
Quit the Mswheel program by pressing CTRL+ALT+DELETE to open the Close
Program dialog box, clicking Mswheel, clicking End Task, and then clicking
End Task again.

Another work around is to copy the CD to your hard disk and install the
program from the hard disk.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In

Ken Blake, MVP

alliebaby said:
I have looked thru all of windows xp newsgroups and not one person
has posted my problem>>>that scares me...ok here it is ... I am
running win xp pro.

when trying to install new software like embroidery programs --Janome
digitizer 10000 and there was 3 other programs that i could not
install because of the following

APPLICATION: ISSET_SE (this is in the blue at the top of the window)

THE WIN 16 SUBSYSTEM HAS INSUFFICENT RESOURCES TO CONTINUE RUNNING.
CLICK ON OK, CLOSE YOUR APPLICATIONS, AND RESTART YOUR MACHINE.

I don't where you looked or how, but a quick Googlegroups search on THE WIN
16 SUBSYSTEM HAS INSUFFICENT RESOURCES TO CONTINUE RUNNING got a bunch of
hits. Theres lots of information there that should be helpful to you. Rather
than my repeating it here, I recommend that you do the same search I did.

funny, i was cleaning up my desk and putting away my cd wallet, when an old
printout fell out of it..... I won't reprint them here but they are
knowledge base article number 324767. I also wrote circles around kb 314106
and 305521.

My prior response to you indicating that the issue you have may be relevant
to autoexec.bat and config.sys seems to be discuseed in these kb's, where as
you may need, instead, autoexec.nt and config.nt

I suppose I had similar issues that you had at one time. But eventuallyl I
said phooey and either tossed them out or upgraded... I hope the kb's will
help you too.

(Must be some divine intervention or something for these old printouts to
fall out in front of me a few minutes ago...... Are you working at the
Vatican ?)

Wesley Vogel

I see you posting all over.

Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000 is akin to bear skins and stone knives.

Do yourself a favor and setup a real newsreader.

Outlook Express came free with XP.

You will later wonder why you didn't setup OE as your newsreader sooner.

MICROSOFT PUBLIC NEWSGROUPS
[[There are many valuable newsgroups on the msnews.microsoft.com server, on
nearly every available topic and in many different languages. Clicking the
links below will automatically create any necessary account configuration in
Outlook Express and take you directly to the newsgroup you have selected -
no complicated technical configurations are needed!]]
http://aumha.org/nntp.htm

Using Outlook Express To View Newsgroups
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/directory/worldwide/en-gb/newsout.asp

Viewing and Posting to Newsgroups
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/using/howto/oe/newsgroups.asp

Setting up Outlook Express Newsreader

Getting News from Newsgroups
Ignore this part ->> Access a newsgroup right from the Web.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/using/howto/oe/gettingnews.asp

Set Up Outlook Express
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/using/howto/oe/setup.asp

Mastering Newsgroups in Outlook Express: Power User Tips
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/community/columns/newsgroups.mspx

Outlook Express newsgroups 101
http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/IE/community/columns/newsgroups101.mspx

Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express

Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In

yeh, my oe has been set up for a while to read this newsgroup. I never
really found it to be second nature and have found myself use the web
instead.... I know it has some fancy tools. I think its a pschological
thing that using the newsreader would mean that i am dedicated to help,
whereas using the web makes me feel like a visitor..... I am in the middle
of writing a book, and use the newsgroup as a distraction.

But you make a good point and using the oe will help me, if i let it....
thanks for the fyi.

(One thing though, my replies would have more detail about me than i want
out. i guess i'll have to practice what i preach and do some research on how
to send messages without info about me and mine.... )

--
~~~~~~~~~~

"Ordinary guy trying to help ordinary people w/ ordinary problems w/
ordinary solutions. Hey Luigi ! That''sa extraordinary!

databaseben said:
yeh, my oe has been set up for a while to read this newsgroup. I
never really found it to be second nature and have found myself use
the web instead.... I know it has some fancy tools. I think its a
pschological thing that using the newsreader would mean that i am
dedicated to help, whereas using the web makes me feel like a
visitor..... I am in the middle of writing a book, and use the
newsgroup as a distraction.

But you make a good point and using the oe will help me, if i let
it.... thanks for the fyi.

(One thing though, my replies would have more detail about me than i
want out. i guess i'll have to practice what i preach and do some
research on how to send messages without info about me and mine.... )

Using Outlook Express, or any newsreader, there isn't necessarily any
information about you at all. You don't have to use your real name or E-mail
address.

Wesley Vogel

(One thing though, my replies would have more detail about me than i want
out. i guess i'll have to practice what i preach and do some research on
how to send messages without info about me and mine.... )

Taken from my previous reply, Internet headers:

=========
From: "Wesley Vogel" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: WIN 16 SUBSYSTEM HAS INSUFFICENT RESOURCES
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 16:20:11 -0600
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
=========

See anything incriminating?

My E-mail address is NOT correct. Some folks do manage to figure it out,
but that's no big deal to me.

Headers from your reply:

============
From: =?Utf-8?B?ZGF0YWJhc2ViZW4=?= <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 15:42:01 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
============

We already know: (e-mail address removed)

BTW, @discussions.microsoft.com is automatic for CDO users, others can use
it if they would want to.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

:

[...]

yeh, that was helpful... thanks..
--
~~~~~~~~~~

From: =?Utf-8?B?ZGF0YWJhc2ViZW4=?= <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 15:42:01 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
============

Wesley Vogel said:
[...]

In databaseben <[email protected]> hunted and pecked:
[...]

;-)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In
databaseben said:
yeh, that was helpful... thanks..
--
~~~~~~~~~~

From: =?Utf-8?B?ZGF0YWJhc2ViZW4=?=
<[email protected]> References:
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<#[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 15:42:01 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
============

databaseben said:
[...]

Wesley Vogel said:
;-)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In
databaseben said:
yeh, that was helpful... thanks..
--
~~~~~~~~~~

From: =?Utf-8?B?ZGF0YWJhc2ViZW4=?=
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 15:42:01 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
============

[...]

alliebaby said:
hey guys can we get back to this problem (LOL) listen while searching thru my system I found that there is no AUTOEXEC.BAT on my computer and that the CONFIG.SYS is blank. So now what do i do to put an autoexec.bat back on my computer????? the things you guys have already suggested did not help and I know that its becasue I dont have an AUTOEXEC.BAT file on C DRIVE I just dont know how to put one back on.
.
Wesley Vogel said:
--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In
databaseben said:
yeh, that was helpful... thanks..
--
~~~~~~~~~~

From: =?Utf-8?B?ZGF0YWJhc2ViZW4=?=
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 15:42:01 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
============

[...]

My Autoexec.bat is EMPTY. And so is my CONFIG.SYS.

If you have a Config.sys or Autoexec.bat file XP will (mostly) ignore them.
Nothing in Config.sys will have any effect. Any line in Autoexec.bat that
launches a program or changes a directory will be ignored; the only lines in
Autoexec.bat that Windows XP will read are the lines that begin SET or PATH.
If ParseAutoexec is set to 1 in the registry.

In order to launch programs or change settings for DOS programs under
Windows XP, you must modify two files named Config.nt and Autoexec.nt,
typically found in the C:\Windows\System32 directory.

Config.nt is used for the same kind of tasks formerly performed by
Config.sys (loading device drivers, etc.). Autoexec.nt is used for the same
kind of tasks formerly performed by Autoexec.bat (launching memory-resident
programs, etc.) Only old-style 16-bit DOS programs can be run from
Autoexec.nt. You cannot use Autoexec.nt to run 32-bit Windows XP text-mode
programs like MODE or SUBST; these programs may be run in an ordinary batch
file, but not in Autoexec.nt.

If you want an Autoexec.bat create one.

Open Notepad, click Save As and save it as Autoexec.bat, save it in C:\.

If it ends up as autoexec.bat.txt, rename it to autoexec.bat.

XP uses Config.nt and Autoexec.nt. If either one of those is missing,
command.com will not work.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes