Will Frontpage 2003 import PowerPoint 2003 files for use as a web.

In powerpoint, I saved the file as html, then posted the files to my
webspace. One of the 'testors' tried viewing the 'website' using Mozilla and
Firefox and said that apparently the PowerPoint generated files are not
compatible with all web viewers. So now I wonder if the use of FrontPage
would solve this problem--will Frontpage 2003 import PowerPoint 2003 files
for use as a website?

Thomas A. Rowe

Not a FP issue, since PowerPoint is generating the HTML files, and all FP would do is bring the file
as is, into the web, it will not convert the file in any way.. Suggest you post to the PowerPoint
Newsgroup.

If you feel your current issue is a results of installing
a Service Pack or security update, please contact
Microsoft Product Support Services:
http://support.microsoft.com
If the problem can be shown to have been caused by a
security update, then there is usually no charge for the call.

If I use FrontPage to import ppt files, would the result be a fully browser
compatible website? [Thanks for the previous response.]

Thomas A. Rowe

FP's Import command will have no impact on viewing the PPT file in a browser...

Thomas A. Rowe said:
Not a FP issue, since PowerPoint is generating the HTML files, and all FP would do is bring the
file
as is, into the web, it will not convert the file in any way.. Suggest you post to the PowerPoint
Newsgroup.

If you feel your current issue is a results of installing
a Service Pack or security update, please contact
Microsoft Product Support Services:
http://support.microsoft.com
If the problem can be shown to have been caused by a
security update, then there is usually no charge for the call.

Murray

Can you post a link to the page that links to the PPT presentation?

The single most common reason that pages display well in one browser and not
in another is the use of invalid HTML. By posting a link to the page, I can
examine the HTML used in the PPT pages and let you know.

Murray

I can see that it doesn't display properly in FF1.0.7/PC or Mac, and in
Safari2x Mac. I am sure that this is due to the way that the slideshow was
exported in PPT since it seems to be using some IE-specific output options.
Beyond that, I cannot help much as I am not able to access the individual
slide pages to examine their code, and the page to which you have linked is
just a frameset page....

Sorry.

Murray

Thanks, I think I saw enough to judge that the method used is not going to
be compatible with other browsers than IE. You may have to rethink this
approach....