S

Steven Hovland

How do I change the default settings for scanning using the WIA driver? Most
of what I scan is from my document feeder, custom settings black and white
at 300dpi, page size letter (8.5x11). Of those, only the document feeder
option is set by default; the other defaults are color picture and A4 page
size.

G

I don't have a solution, and I fear there isn't one. If there is, I haven't been able to find it

What amazes me is how little there is written about WIA. As best I can gather, it is an attempt by MS to eliminate the need for device specific twain drivers, sort of a one size fits all solution. I use a Brother MFC to do paperless recordkeeping using Scansoft Paperport software. Brother's website has this terrifc and illuminating response in their FAQ - " This is a specification of the Microsoft Windows XP operating system.The Brother Windows XP scanner driver uses the Microsoft WIA's common user interface for scanning. At present Microsoft does not have a solution for this problem.

I have read elsewhere references that there is no way to change WIA default settings. IMHO, this is a case of incredibly p*ss poor software engineering on MS's part.

Ask a Question