Why doesn't the cursor move until I start typing???

G

In Word: The cursor doesn't go to the next line until I start typing. It
didn't do that before. What do I need to do?

G

Hi-

Afraid your problem isn't very clearly described, as the cursor typically
should not move unless you type and doesn't go to another line until you
reach the margin or create a line break. Please provide more details.
It didn't do that before...

Before what?... Before installing a new version, before buying a new
computer, before Nixon resigned?

Regards |:>)

G

Hi. Well, I guess it wasn't that clear! Sorry! When I type and I hit the
enter key to go to the next line, it doesn't go there until I start typing
again. I've never had it do that before. Thanks!!

Reaction score
I believe I have the same problem, it just started today. Whenever I press space or enter the "blinking line" "cursor" I forget what it's called, "insertion point?" well, whatever it's called it doesn't move until I actually start typing. I've been looking around the web and haven't been able to find much information on it. One page I was looking at, if it was the same problem, they weren't completely clear, said it might have something to do with page magnification and if you have been editing a paper in a different magnification than the default.
I don't know what the issue is, but I'm running Word 2013 on an Acer Aspire V3 Intel Core i7 with an NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M, if that will be of any help, I don't think much of that will affect anything. Oh, and also my subscription of Word 2013 has expired, which might have something to do with it, like it's slowly falling apart until I buy it or something. :confused:

and I just realized that this thread is ancient. :/

well it's still an issue!

Ask a Question