Who wants to be a millionaire se problem...

JOSEPH PERRY

hi there!
i had been playing this game for weeks w/o any
problem...then, this morning, i start getting a popup
saying "unable to use DirectShow"...HELP! i've got xp
pro, 1 gig of ram, an amd athlon xp 2100+ pocessor,
geforce 5200 ultra videocard (with directx 9),
soundblaster audigy mpg+ soundcard...i'm stumped! HELP!
thanks guys!

Jimmy S.

Hi Joseph,

Do you have a recent restore point you can go back to?

Try Win XP's System Restore to return your system to a previously stable date:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/howto/gethelp/systemrestore.asp

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

| hi there!
| i had been playing this game for weeks w/o any
| problem...then, this morning, i start getting a popup
| saying "unable to use DirectShow"...HELP! i've got xp
| pro, 1 gig of ram, an amd athlon xp 2100+ pocessor,
| geforce 5200 ultra videocard (with directx 9),
| soundblaster audigy mpg+ soundcard...i'm stumped! HELP!
| thanks guys!

j.p.

hey jimmy!
thanks for the reply...i just did a system restore...but
the first earliest one was friday...that's another
thing...i've heard you should be able to go back WAY
further back than that...
well, i'm getting the SAME popup..."unable to use
DirectShow"...and i've read up on it a little bit
(DirectShow, i mean) and am more confused than ever...
Do you have a recent restore point you can go back to?

Try Win XP's System Restore to return your system to a previously stable date:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/howto/gethelp/
systemrestore.asp

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx? scid=FH;[LN];gms
Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite:
http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call / Contact
MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx? scid=sz;en-us;top

"JOSEPH PERRY" <[email protected]>
wrote in message [email protected]...

Jimmy S.

Hi JP,

Perhaps you installed a 3rd party media player and it mixed
up the associations. Uninstall Windows Media Player, then
download and install the latest one from Microsoft and allow
it to create the default file associations during installation. If
you still have problems download and install DX 9.0b as well.

Keep your antivirus shut down while installed trusted products! :)