Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Other

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Sexy Bex said:
Results are in! And yes, we beat Sunderland South ;)

Here are the seats according to the BBC seat calculator;

Labour - 59
Conservatives - 0
Liberal Democrats - 556
Other - 31

Looks like the Lib Dems win! :D

Wouldn't that be nice for a change (especially the Tory zero)? I was playing around with the BBC swingometer stuff earlier on today - I reckon I'm going to be very disappointed at the actual result:(

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
So what does evenyone make of the (real) results? To be honest, this is what I was hoping for. I wasn't seriously expecting Lib Dems to make it into power (at the moment I think Labour is probably going to do the best job of running the country) but I'm glad Mr Blair has a far smaller majority. It seems like he's finally woken up to the wants of the population :)

Reaction score
I suppose it was a pretty good result overall...I just wish the Lib dems wouldn't keep saying it 'heralds a new force in politics' every time they add a couple more seats...at the rate they seem to progress, they won't be the main opposition for another century! :(

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Tony Blair will listen to what the people want for what? A week?

Then it will be back to business as usual.

In my consituency Lib Dems ousted the Conservatives from second place, which is progress I suppose, but Labour still hold a huge majority here (Greenwich & Woolwich). Having said that, Nick Raynsford is actually OK as an MP.

But, overall, I'm disappointed.

election.jpg

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm surprised at the Lib Dems not taking as many seats as I thought they might. They lost quite a few to the Torys which I didn't expect either. I suppose they are up 10 or so on last year which is pretty good considering.

Reaction score
I know there are weaknesses with the 'first past the post' system that we operate and also with the 'proprtional representation' approach that the lib dems have called for in the past. I wonder if we could have a hybrid sysrtem...chose the party of government as normal by first past the post, then allocate seats to the other parties based on the actual number of votes they received nationally. This would mean that the tories and lib dems would have more equal numbers of seats but labour would still have their working majority.:)

Reaction score
So Labour won ?!?!

Are people stupid or something ?!?! Sorry if you voted them but i just don't get it !!! lol

Tony Blair is a moron !!!

I would have voted Conservative or Lib Dems ... NOT Labour !!!

Grrr another 4 years under his lame power :(

Reaction score
Well we all know it woud happen, i'm just hapy we dont have a consivertive goverment anyway at least we can happy that this is the last time Tony Blair will be running, not even sure if he will do the full term might ressign half-way tho to give Gordan Brown a change, who i think will be a much better PM.

Oh well all over for another 4 years, thank god, couldnt take much more of them lol.

Anyway watch deadringers last night, fantastic!!

Ask a Question