• Other (Please specify)

Votes: 3 1.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
You dont really even need to use that IMO.

The places.sqlite file in the FF profile folder is all you need to preserve your bookmarks, history and icons, providing you dont have a huge history list its a tiny file. (at the time of typing my file size is 604KB)

EDIT: To add this is using a 5 day history list and the vacuum Places addon. :)

w1cupy.jpg

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Places.sqlite

Note: if you use the FF inbuilt bookmarks backup then it dont preserve your bookmarks .ico's.

Using the places.sqlite file does. ;)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
V_R said:
You dont really even need to use that IMO.

The places.sqlite file in the FF profile folder is all you need to preserve your bookmarks, history and icons, providing you dont have a huge history list its a tiny file. (at the time of typing my file size is 604KB)

EDIT: To add this is using a 5 day history list and the vacuum Places addon. :)

w1cupy.jpg

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Places.sqlite

Note: if you use the FF inbuilt bookmarks backup then it dont preserve your bookmarks .ico's.

Using the places.sqlite file does. ;)

The thing about Xmarks is you can sync with different pc's even if they use different os's or browsers.

eg. was in York on a Windows pc with IE7 and needed some info and could not remember the site. Logged into xmarks and accesed me FF bookmarks from me Mandy pc. Info found , job done , time taken 5 mins.

:D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ah well if i'm away i just use my phone or netbook. :D

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Firefox for me all the way, I rarely use IE, in fact do not even remember when was the last time I used it :D

Google chrome for quick email checking only it is very fast with that. I could not use this browser successfully with most of the site so I do not bother.

Bookmarks are very important to me so I have been using Xmarks for a good few years and it has improved a great deal, but no I do not save my passwords any other place but in my head. :)

Reaction score
1) Chrome - fast but can crash/hang on occasions and some sites are not supported for forums, chat etc
2) Firefox - as above
3) IE - find it sloooooww IE8 crashes my pc and IE7 caused me all manor of problems when it was released.

The biggest problem I am having is a problem with Messenger - but will search the forums to see if anyone can suggest a fix - I had to delete it from a pc and when I come to re-instal it as part of "windows live" it wont install saying that another occurance has been deteceted... aaarrghhh

I have been using Chrome for a while now and really like it, but they need to sort out stability issues with it and this will rock then.

Reaction score
IE anything......

cos its so easy?????? LIKE PUPPETS ON A STRING. if you want control of your destiny, NEVER DO EASY. DO FIREFOX.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
public_domain said:
cos its so easy?????? LIKE PUPPETS ON A STRING. if you want control of your destiny, NEVER DO EASY. DO FIREFOX.

You're full of crap aren't you?

Welcome to the forum, you don't, by any chance, do polite and friendly do you?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
public_domain said:
IMHO, you is a fanbouy, FF is for sheep. :wave:

:user:

Reaction score
I use IE8 but also Firefox to check page design. If my sites work in these two and validate then I'm happy.

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Safari or my second choice is opera, I find both of them to be very 'clean' and 'smooth' to use. Don't ask me what I mean by that, the terms are just too technical to translate lol.
Used to like Firefox but in went all to bu**ery a couple of years ago with one of their upgrades and they failed to fix it with any of the later ones.
Didn't like explorer on either my XP or vista machines so used FF on them untill it went lala and I shifted to opera.

Reaction score
Firefox - i like sheep..and foxes
I build websites and I never have problems with how Firefox translates the code....IE on the other hand...sigh, wth is wrong with microsoft...seriously, why cant you be more W3C compliant?

image.php

Reaction score
I use a browser called sea monkey, its a mozilla project but the browser is nice to use, and is quick and efficient, also if i'm playing online gaming where it involves flash players etc, its very smooth on them whilst using a headset for hunting at the same time without lag or cut outs where as the rest seem to do this.

Reaction score
Used to religiously use firefox but I now use chrome, much faster, loads of extensions and tab isolation is super handy :)

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
KatieV said:
Used to religiously use firefox but I now use chrome, much faster, loads of extensions and tab isolation is super handy :)

Speed isn't everything in life. And in my opinion Chrome isn't that stable. So for now I just use FireFox on my Windows PC and Safari on my Mac :D

Reaction score
Ive not had too many problems, mostly when it was in beta, i used chrome on both my mac and work windows pc :) its good times!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question