• Other (Please specify)

Votes: 3 1.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ok, so i thought we had a poll for this, if we have, i cant find the thing... lol

So which one is your choice, and maybe explain why?

If you picked other, then please specify which one and why.

Thanks!

:)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Shouldda been multi-choice really.

I use IE8 mostly, simply because I like it, no prejudices and I'm aware of security issues and take steps to avoid nasties.

Second choice is Opera, which I use within Linux Mint.

The reason? Again, I just like it, simple as that.

Firefox leaves me cold.

Yes, I know, I'm odd.

I haven't tried Google Chrome, I read of too many issues with it, maybe when they get it sorted to be compatible with all websites I may consider it.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Firefox is my long-time favourite, although I have Opera (used occasionally) and IE (which always seems very slow, compared to FF.) Recently tried Chrome, but didn't like it more than FF..... can you tell I voted for FF..? :D

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Windows 7/Dual Linux mint I use Firefox
Windows XP I was just using Firefox and occasionally IE 7, only 7 though as 8 crashes on both my machines. But today after another post I made and the thoughts of a few others I am now giving Chrome a look over.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
IE8 (cos it's so easy).

And Google Chrome (but it's no good for PCR posts)

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
Firefox for me, although there are some sites where I have to resort to IE8 because they were never designed to work on Firefox!

Opera gets used on my mobile devices (sometimes), but in the main, it's the Fox for me.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Hey Flops, i did consider multi choice, but decided against it, maybe i should have said What is your 'main' web browser to be a bit more specific. :)

I use FF almost 100% of the time unless something doesn't play ball with it. That said i haven't found a site in a while that dont like FF.

I use it because it seems faster than others, i love the customization and addons. The whole profile system is a great idea too. so easy upon a reinstall. ;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
V_R said:
The whole profile system is a great idea too. so easy upon a reinstall. ;)

Now that's something that bears consideration. IE8 has all it's bookmarks in a Folder though (Favourites) so that's quite easy to save.

And that's all I use a browser for, really. What's in this Profile thingie then?

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
Profile folder

1. Firefox – work horse
2. Opera – old flame
3. Epiphany – KISS
4. Chrome – fast and... dunno. The jury is still out on Chrome.
5. Lynx – just because

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Thankee for the link Urmas.

I see.

So FF stores options/preferences as well eh?

I can live without that, using a drop down menu and making a few clicks is no hardship, lol

I would imagine that as Firefox is so popular it must be good but I just don't like it, simple.

Of course, in using Firefox there's absolutely no imagined oneupmanship involved and FF users don't only use it so they can sneer at The Microsoft offering. Of course they don't... ;)

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Of course they don't... ;)
Of course they don't. The issue here is that the company behind Infernal Experience doesn't have the resources – a small outfit, obviously – to create "Infernal Apple" and/or "Experienced Penguin" packages. A sound exe.cutive decision, no doubt.

Were those packages available, all the penguinistas and iHolics would sing praise to IE. Yowsah, they would... right after the first night frost in the... infernal regions.

:p

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Urmas said:
Of course they don't. The issue here is that the company behind Infernal Experience doesn't have the resources – a small outfit, obviously – to create "Infernal Apple" and/or "Experienced Penguin" packages. A sound exe.cutive decision, no doubt.

Were those packages available, all the penguinistas and iHolics would sing praise to IE. Yowsah, they would... right after the first night frost in the... infernal regions.

:p

Dear Sir

I haven't the first, faintest, foggiest idea what you're on about... :confused:

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
Dear Sir,

Neither have I. You have nothing to be ashamed of (unless you're wearing pastel coloured underwear.)

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Urmas said:
Dear Sir,

Neither have I. You have nothing to be ashamed of (unless you're wearing pastel coloured underwear.)

:D
laughingsmiley.gif
happywave.gif

Reaction score
Opera every time

Life is sooo frustrating without mouse gestures

Tried Firefox a couple of years ago when I found out there were mouse gesture add ons but it wasn't a patch on Opera

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
spanna said:
Opera every time

Life is sooo frustrating without mouse gestures

Tried Firefox a couple of years ago when I found out there were mouse gesture add on's but it wasn't a patch on Opera

Out of interest what OS are you running Opera on ?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Urmas said:
Dear Sir,

"He's alright and he don't care, he wears purple underwear..."

From the Damned's 'Dozen Girls' on the 'Strawberries' album which I possess in sooper red vinyl.

Dozen Girls

For me, black briefs, no other option, since at least the age of 15.

Which is probably more than you want to know... :D

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
For me, black briefs, no other option, since at least the age of 15.

/QUOTE]

I'm trying to conjure images of black briefs and aman of you stature if we may call it that. NAh I just get stuck at me nans black undergarments when I think..Stop I aint thinking no more, this is desturbing........

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Now that's something that bears consideration. IE8 has all it's bookmarks in a Folder though (Favourites) so that's quite easy to save.

And that's all I use a browser for, really. What's in this Profile thingie then?

The smart money these days use,

http://www.xmarks.com/

I only use the bookmark sync feature. Recon keeping your passwords on someonelses server is a not so good idea.

;)

"For me, black briefs, no other option, since at least the age of 15."

Are they lacy ones ;) they would look sweet with your purple boots
laughingsmiley.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question