• Opera

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other, Please specify.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ok, so i thought it might me worthwhile doing a new one as the old ones have been going since 2005 and a lot has changed since then...

I've just stated using Chrome, but there are a few things about it that i dont like. Like why doesn't it open a new tab in the foreground? Have been looking for an Extension but cant find one that does it yet... The auto fill options done always seem to work as i'd like either,nor the saved passwords.. :/

I do however love that it syncs my bookmarks to Chrome Mobile that i have on my phone! That is a great addition. :)

I think i'm still a FF/WF fan to be honest, just does exactly what i want and how i want it....

So anyway, Post up what browser you use, and also why you use that browser. Speed, customization, other?

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I use Firefox because it does what it says on the tin and I can't stand IE9
Also been using Chrome lately as it seems a bit faster than Firefox. And lately with issues with Firefox and Adobe, Chrome has been there for me to play Simcity Social on Fartbook without freezing every 10 seconds :)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I use Chrome, have done so since Beta days ... Speed, Simplicity, Security. :)

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I mainly use FF because initially, I found it quicker and less "fussy" than IE9. I'm also re-discovering Opera, which has, imho, improved a lot over time.

I gave Chrome a try a while ago, but didn't like it at all and quickly got rid of it.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
IE, reason - idleness, it works fine for me.

BTW, I use IE8, couldn't get the hang of IE9 when it first appeared. Might try it again in the future.

I have tried FF and Chrome but have always gone back to IE.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Hmmm, sorted the tab opening with Chrome with an extension. :)

Man its laggy on image heavy pages though..

This thread, set to 80 posts per page and FF scrolls very smooth, Chrome not so much... Both browsers running Stylish with the black theme...

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?p=22345191#post22345191

I really want to like Chrome, but it just has its little issues that i dont like... :/

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Should have made the poll multi-choice, I use three of those. EDIT: Oh, it is multiple choice :blush: Oops.

Within Windows - IE8, couldn't get on with IE9.

Opera within Mint 12 KDE, simply cos it works well for me.

And very occasionally Firefox but only cos it has a plugin named 'Download Helper' which enables you to capture most online footage, works well in Youtube but not all on Vimeo.

As for Chrome, I have read so many negative comments about it I haven't ever bothered and the one time I did try and download it out of curiosity my download was blocked or unobtainable so I just thought 'bugger that' and can't be bothered.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
The percentages in the poll currently add up to 187% ???? :confused:

Something to do with multiple choices?

Or is it just me? :D

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I use FF all the time and rarely use IE unless I am forced to by the software.

The reason I use FF is because I use Linux 95 % of the time and I feel comfortable with the sync between FF on different platforms. My bookmarks and other settings on both platforms are identical. It is more a matter of choice and user friendliness with FF. I have been using it since it was called Netscape in the early days

Reaction score
Opera - Can't stand browsing without mouse gestures, and haven't found a better implementation

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
FireFox in Windows and Gnu/Linux because I like the XMarks sync.

Iron-bin in Windows and GNU/Linux for leisure surfing as it is way faster than FF.

NetSurf on the Raspberry Pi.

th_1sm330office-work.gif

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Reformatted my laptop this morning and installed Waterfox. Amaizing difference over Firefox. So looks like its Chrome ( which is growing on me now ) and Waterfox for me from now on :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I'm using IE8 within Win 7. For the last few months I've been having problems with it, it's been slow, has occasionally froze and sometimes crashed. I've done deep full scans with both Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes which found nothing amiss.

One particular site, Gamespot, always made IE8 freeze up.

So I've just installed Opera 12, imported all IE bookmarks and I'm not having any problems browsing the Gamespot site with it. And Opera seems to me to be twice as fast as IE8. The Microsoft browser hasn't always been problematic so I'm wondering why it's gone a bit weird on me.

Considering trying IE9 again but last time I tried it I didn't like it at all so for the immediate future I'm using Opera.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Standard procedure with IE, when 'problems' occur, is to reset IE back to default settiings/configuration.

When you reset Internet Explorer settings, all add-ons and customizations are deleted, and you basically start with a fresh version of Internet Explorer.

I believe, however, that Opera still holds the crown for the 'fastest' browser. :)

Ask a Question