which prossesor

Reaction score
1st deapets apoligies i just posted and realised i had not cliked general threads so sorry for posting in wrong section

hi, im new ill make a intro soon :>,, but i have a question i have not built me own pc for several years,, im recently upgrading a little campaqu which is lovely little pc, and crikes the choices their is now days, im so lost haha rite this is the spec of my mother board

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...=en&product=1827311&lang=en&docname=c00590356

i hope any way.. now what is the best cpu i can put on it,., im assuming itl be this one here from dabs can some one advise if im rite thanks

http://www.dabs.com/productview.asp...e=1&NavigationKey=11147,4294958803,4294963789

i dnt want it to be capable of running games,,, however it would be nice!!

maybe some one could tell me if my pc would b able to when new cpu is in, i downloaded crysis l;ast nite and could run it tops at 1024x768 in medium setting

i have 2 gigs of ram (max allowed)
and a 512mb sapphire x1950 pro

Last edited:

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
from the motherboard info, you can only put in pentium dual core CPU's, the one you've linked to is a core 2 duo which i dont think will be compatible unless there is a BIOS update to enable the use of newer CPU architectures

Reaction score
Crysis is a very demanding game - one of the most demanding.

You are doing well to get everything maxed at 1024x768 IMO.

Reaction score
nope not maxed medium,., but ive not been involved in anything demanding like lots of exploshions etc ,, i have sen on hp thir is a bios upgrade so ill have t see what tht is i guess.. am i rite in thinking mynownly let down is the fact i dnt have a dual core prossesor

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
what is your current CPU? if you have a fast Pentium 4 you should be ok

Ask a Question