• B&W Laser

Votes: 13 13.5%
  • Colour Laser

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Other

Votes: 4 4.2%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Just have 3 Inkjets here all Epson (Photo 1290 (A3), New R220 and the old faithful Photo 860 get good serviuce out of all of them never let me down but inks can be pricey as i will only use genuine epson... used a spurios cartrige once or twice and always ended up blocking up the printer or with crap print quality.. never had a problem using Epsion cartridges even the occasional one that is well out of date.

Reaction score
What printer do you own?

Hi.

The printer I have at the moment is an all in
one job. It`s an Epson Stylus CX3200. And it`s very good.
The other one I have is an Epson Stylus 400 which I use with my Amiga 1200
computer.Any one remember the Amiga`s?
I must say that I`m rather taken with Epson printers.
All the best
historian.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Printers

I still use an antique Epson Stylus C70 Plus which has worked very well for five years.I shouldn't be telling you this as it's sure to break down now.

Reaction score
Hello Evna.
The only time I used real Epson inks,was when I bought my two printers (see my post of the 22/4/07)
Ever since I`ve used non branded inks and until last night I`ve never had any trouble.Last night,while
my daughter was trying to print out some photos,both ink cartriges stopped working. The black ink was
40% full and the colour one was 30% full. We failed to get them to work so I could do no more than put
new ones in.Again non Epson inks After the printer charged them up,the print outs were great. Now
after years of using non-branded inks do I move over to Epson inks? I don`t think so.
All the best
historian

Last edited:
Reaction score
I only have one printer its a Canon Pixma MP160 and i have only had it 3 weeks

Printer.gif

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i got the same one as fizz a few months ago, thought it would be a good partner for my cannon i865

i'd recommend either of them to anyone after a decent colour photo printer

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Thread revival ^^

Well as im here, i got a Canon Pixma IP4500 not long ago, its fantastic. :)

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
nivrip said:
I still use an antique Epson Stylus C70 Plus which has worked very well for five years.I shouldn't be telling you this as it's sure to break down now.

Well it finally became more bother than it was worth but I got six years out of it. It cost about £110 in 2002 and I've just replaced it with an Epson Printer Copier Scanner SX205 at £49.99. Got it at PC World - most other places it was £79.99. :D

Works a treat. :thumb:

Only trouble is that I've got a load of C70 cartridges which are no good to me now. Anyone interested?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
nivrip said:
Well it finally became more bother than it was worth but I got six years out of it. It cost about £110 in 2002 and I've just replaced it with an Epson Printer Copier Scanner SX205 at £49.99. Got it at PC World - most other places it was £79.99. :D

Works a treat. :thumb:

Only trouble is that I've got a load of C70 cartridges which are no good to me now. Anyone interested?

Six years? You done well :thumb:

Longest a printer has lasted for me is probably about four years, an early HP Laser mono jobbie. I was truly sad when that died actually, twas a good printer.

May be in the market for a new printer or two shortly actually, I'll be putting the HP photosmart over to Linux and the Brother mono laser is starting to show banding. New cartridge for Brother Printer is 50 quid. I can get a new Samsung Mono Laser Printer with cartridge for 60 quid. What to do, what to do?

I know the new toner cartridges that come with printers are only about one third full, but it's still tempting.

Reaction score
I have since changed my printer,in fact I now have two printers.(see my post of the 26/4/07)
The one I replaced was an Epson CX3200 which got messed up by me using non Epson ink.
The replacement is an Epson DX5050. And a Epson S20 for my wife to use with her laptop.
Both are very good printers,but never again will I/we use non Epson inks.
historian

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
just bought a Kyocera Ecosys FS-1010 its only black and white , but its a great bulky workhorse ..ideal for letters and documents

Ask a Question