which mainboard?

Reaction score
i want to upgrade my pc but 1st thing i need is a new mainboard and i am not sure for which one to go as the choice is massive, so i am wondering if any of you could help me choose one, here are some of the things i need:
-support about 2gb ram+
-amd athlon
-have plenty of upgrade space
-and has to be at about £70 max price range (i am a poor student)

could any one help
thnx in advance

oh and could you post the link for a web site where i can get it from

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
These are all good:

Abit NF7-S V2.0 £72.26 + shipping Here

MSI K7N2 Delta-ILSR. £73.73 + shipping Here

Asus A7N8X Deluxe £80.08 + shipping. Here

Also, as a cheaper alternative, this Asrock Motherboard is really very good. On board Sound, USB2.0; onboard LAN. 400fsb. Sis chipset, but solid as a rock. I have one and highly recommend it.

Asrock K7S8X-E, Just £31.14 + shipping Here

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Flopps has picked out the best of the bunch ... but if you don't need RAID go for the MSI K7N2 Delta-L £52.58 Including VAT :D

I can highly recommend this board. :cool:

The Asrock is made by Asus ... however, I cannot recommend these "dual purpose" (133/266 combo) boards or the SIS chipset ... they are ok if on a very tight budget. Do yourself a favour and make sure the "foundations" are solid, reliable and robust.

Reaction score
sorry for being a noob (just started with the pc hardware) what is RAID, i saw this Abit NF7-S V2.0 that floppy said about and saw it for £50 :D here
is this one good then?
thnx for the replies

Ask a Question