Which is better: Word or Outlook to send email? Read on...

scotty

There seems to be a difference in image quality when I
get emails that were sent directly from Word as opposed
to using Outlook to do an "Insert" "Picture". I've heard
that Word changes the format of .jpg and .gif images once
they are inserted in Word, and that is the reason.
Anyone have any ideas on this? Is it generally just
better to stick with Outlook when you want to send an
HTML email instead of using Word. thx!

Scotty

Anne Troy

I don't know about either method *looking* better or not. I do know that I
see far more problems with email regarding using Word as the email editor
than without using it.

<-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*->
Hope this helps!
Anne Troy (better known as Dreamboat)
Author: Dreamboat on Word
Email: Dreamboat*at*Piersontech.com
Web: www.TheOfficeExperts.com

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Actually, since Outlook 2002, Word is an excellent choice for the email
editor. But I don't think the question is about using word vrs outlook
editor - it's about sending an embedded image in a document using
wordmail instead of inserting (or attaching) the image in an email.

I believe there is some difference when Word converts an embedded image
for use in Wordmail as compared to sending it as an attachment or
embedded in HTML. If the image is not a jpg/gif, it's going to be
converted unless the message is sent using RTF format and high
resolution images may be converted to 72 pixels.

Author: Dreamboat on Word