Which inkjet..? Business card quality..?

FredBillie

<< From: Stroller (e-mail address removed)
Date: Tue, May 18, 2004 6:28 AM

I print my business cards on an Epson 2100 using 308g/m2 Hahnemuhle
Photo Rag and have had several complements on the quality of both the
'card' (at business card sizes it does have the stiffness of a card,
rather than a paper) and the printing.

I don't know the R200 but if it uses the Epson pigment inks then I
would think it will probably produce as good quality results as the
2100. If not, you may have water-fastness problems.

Many thanks for such an informative post. I feel much reassured about
considering an Epson now.

Stroller.

As far as I know, the R200/300 does NOT use pigment inks. The R800 does. At
least one side commented on the ink running on CDs printed with the R300 if
there was moisture involved. Apparently, the dye inks used to print on a CD or
DVD make be subject to smears.

Having said that I just tried to smear the business card I printed with my
Canon S900 and I couldn’t produce any smearing although the wet paper started
to curl a little. So you may also be fine with the Epson R200.