Which Antivirus do you use at present?

What AntiVirus do you use at present, and Why?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I use AVG on the old system.... Its Free and i dont have any problems with it..

However on the New system.. it came with a Norton antivirus Free for so long before you need to update the database version of it... but i havent activated it... and most likley wont... so i cant comment on its efficency... sorry

Reaction score
Quadophile said:
Belloni,

After you uninstall Norton and have rebooted your system try to clean the registry with easy cleaner

Here is the link to Easy Cleaner

Kk i already have that installed so will do that :)

Thanx ... AntiVir is very good !!! Found virus's AVG didn't :) lol Thanx

Reaction score
Avast has a quick download times for updates... does not appear to be system resource hungry.. eg . Norton.. and I normally would stay away from norton as its the most popular widely used and virus hackers tend to be more comfortable with the ins and outs of the workings of such high profile antivirus programs... and I agree.. trying to get rid of Norton on a system can be difficult at times..

Reaction score
I use McAfee Enterprise 8i in conjuction with Adware SE and Microsoft Anti Spyware. That combination seems to work great. I use McAfee Enterprise 8i because it is free for me as I have to be able to tie on to the office from home on weekends when I am on call. At the office, it is very bulky and tends to not play well with some of our other enterprise software (Novell Zenworks and Lotus Notes). From home, it has works flawlessly and has prevented a major outbreak from when I had a friend come over and plug in to my home network using a dirty laptop (My fault for not checking). As soon as the laptop came on line, my McAfee on my machine began blocking ping attack after ping attack.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Some of us of Old (thats me) remember MaCrapAPee from a long time back ... It was a virus in it's own right ... never again.
:D

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I'll agree with you on that one muck's, i had it once years ago wormed its way into everything it did...until i formatted the little bugger out of it's hideyhole...:p

Reaction score
i have been using avg for ages now. am very pleased with it.had nortons awhile ago and only had problems.still cant get rid of certain nav files.very interesting poll. would like to hear more about antivir.

Reaction score
Ok guys and galls.

I am using Avast/AVG/Spybot/spywareblaster.

Today I tried “Spy ware Doctor” the end result; this one found 110 new infections WOW I thought that’s a lot? Now if you use this and you use lets say Bearshare? And you delete the spy ware within that you will also delete Bearshare itself.

Now that’s how thorough it appears to be.

And they are all FREE!

:D

Reaction score
Virus Progams

Got new XP computer and when I transferred some Photos from my Old 98se machine I got a Virus that would not let the machine be turned off. XP machine came with Norton and yes it listed my virus and took me directly to a link that would help me remove it for $35.00
Disgusted I installed McAfee and virus was not listed but the did direct me to there web page that for $30.some dollar would talk to me about removing.
I ended up wiping out my hard drive and reinstalling every thing. I now run AVG,Advast & SpySubtract and have had no more problems.
The Only thing I liked about Norton & McAfee was the ease to enter you credit card information for Help. Vic.

Reaction score
If I had to pay for my protection, I would be singing a different tune about McAfee. You guys seem to all like Advast, I think I will give it a try on one of my secondary boxes and see how it works. You can't beat free.

Reaction score
ok i have norton internet security and it is quality!

my sister has AVG and is nowhere near it !!

Norton does everything yet my sisters comouter i have to download multiple things for it to stop it from getting spyware pop ups !!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
G~MAN said:
ok i have norton internet security and it is quality!

my sister has AVG and is nowhere near it !!

Norton does everything yet my sisters comouter i have to download multiple things for it to stop it from getting spyware pop ups !!
Spyware and Viruses are 2 different nasties ... reqiring 2 programs. ;)

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Spyware and Viruses are 2 different nasties ... requiring 2 programs

I was just about to say the same thing...

Reaction score
EZ Armor works good for me plus it was free from my isp with a fire wall and with free updates as well as a spywear remover (eTrust PestPatrol) (eTrust EZ Armor)

Reaction score
yer but my norton seems to get rid of both ... ;)

Reaction score
Norton

If you Like I can send the the Virus and that way you can check out your Norton Software. Norton reconized the Virus on my computer but then asked for the $30 some bucks to remove. Just say the word and every one will help test your system. :)

Reaction score
go on then ... lol ... i will no who exactly done it and so will everyone here! dumbass

Reaction score
Sorry

Just a Dumb Bad Joke. I would never send a virus & really wouldn't know how it's done. I apologize for the post. Vic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question