Where does Mandatory Profile get stored on a local machine

Reaction score
hi friends.
we have a lab in our college and all the users login to a windows network domain. Thus whenever a student logs into a client machine he gets a new folder created under c:\documents and settings\<username>. this practice is undesirable as the harddisk gets clogged up soon. We don't want them to have personalized settings. So i came across mandatory profiles which is a solution to my problems however i still have a few doubts with it :-

1)where does windows store the cached copy of the profile? is it still c:\documents and settings\<username>?
2)even if windows creates a folder, does it delete it automatically upon logoff?

3)we have provided each student with his unique login id and all come under same group called Students, now if i apply mandatory profiles to the student group will they be still able to login using their own id's and work the same way?

waiting for people experienced with mandatory profiles to come up with the answers asap!

cheers
krazineurons

Ask a Question