Where do you get your pc bits from?

Reaction score
When you build a computer you might decide to get computer components from Car-Boot sales, waste and recycling centres or off Freecycle (a free giving away scheme where no money is invloved. www.freecycle.org). Or you might go to a computer shop, a website to buy them. Tell us where you get them.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I guess you mean freecycle.org? I've update the URL for you :)

The UK site is : http://www.uk.freecycle.org/

Aria and Microdirect are very close by for me, so I normally pop in and pick up one-off items - or I'll use Misco/Crucial/Komplett online.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
For me its good old OCUK for pc parts. Wouldn't use anyone else if i could help it. 100% record with them for me. :nod:

Reaction score
I use www.maplin.co.uk for most things and i'm a fan of their "white box" components. Most are unbranded but still of a high quality and they dont come with drivers but it's easy to get most off the net. I also use www.novatech.co.uk and www.dabs.com for work.

I do find that freecycle.org are OK for some stuff, but in my view not for PC parts

Reaction score
Rush said:
Overclockers ...because its only 2 miles from me in Fenton , Staffs. I do find Maplin is a tad expensive feckit ;)
I agree:thumb:
The "white box" stuff is cheap & sometimes they do have good in-store reductions;)
I also use a small pc shop near my parents who is fine for the smaller stuff.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
By feckit
The "white box" stuff is cheap & sometimes they do have good in-store reductions;)

Theres a Maplin 20 yards from where i work in the city centre ..i will have a peep in their "white-box" , cheers m8 ;)

Ask a Question