Whats in a name?

Reaction score
So what made you call yourself what you do on this forum?

I chose "feck it" as it was meant to be f*ck IT, as after fiddling with PC's all day i sometimes say it when asked how my day went!

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
I chose Gabriella as it is one of my middle names!! Simple as that!!

Gabs xx

Reaction score
well a better name than i chose & i like the smiling flower, also better than my walking floppy disk!:D

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Thanks Feckit - I have a couple of sunflower avatars that I swop between. I am about ready for a change actually!!!

See ya!

Gabs xx

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
me coming up with my name was quite easy actually. I support chelsea fc and well i joined in 2005 :d easy peasey:p

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Not sure why I chose mine really...

Regards, Adrian Webb

:D

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Well I suppose there's a bit of a story for mine, I actually invented it for a friend about 10 years ago, she was wanting to try out one of those computer dating things & wasn't very computer literate and she definitely didn't want anything that resembled her name so I invented ciri, which was taken from bits of her first & middle name. The 'anz' came from "@ New Zealand" although the name for the site had to be all lowercase letters so it was an 'a' instead of @. She only ever used it the once & was getting on VERY well with the guy... up until she phoned him one morning & his girlfriend answered the phone. After that the name sat on my computer for about 2 years & wasn't used (she didn't have a computer of her own & never used them personally) I picked it up one day when I needed to join a site under a second name, I never intended to keep on using it, but I found that I got known socially on the net by that name, & that I quite liked it, & 'dez' was starting to develop a professional reputation. So since then I have used ciri as my social name & the other as my working name online. What I join a site under depends on why I join that site.
I actually first encountered this site while I was working, but when, after having read back on the forums a bit, I decided to join, it was definitely socially. Pretty impressive bunch of people here:D

My other username is dezdyn & that's 'dez' a nickname my cousin gave me when we were 'touring' Australia as teenagers, & dyn which is short for Dunedin, I just liked the look of the "y" more than the "i". If you run into me somewhere else as dezdyn just pm me & let me know who you are:)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
My favourite artist is Captain Beefheart & his Magic Band.

He has an album named Shiny Beast (Bat Chain Puller).

The first track is named floppybootstomp.

When I first joined a forum, either '99 or '00, I tried to think of a name.

As 'floppybootstomp' contained two oblique references to computer stuff, I went with that.

On reflection, I sometimes wish I hadn't, I've had too many jibes about being floppy, lol

But, on the other hand, it's kinda unique, just do a Google ;)

Reaction score
Mine is a partial story. Back a few years ago, maybe 3 or 4 (ok, not that many) there were these yoghurt adverts.

Something to do with the word 'ski', anyways as my name is Nathan, my mates usually call me nath, and they added the 'ski' on the end as a bit of a p**s about. So it became nathski. Then i joined the internet game site Pogo, and this was where it first developed.

i added the 88, as that w as the year i was born, and the king, i dont know, just sounded better than queen i suppose :rolleyes:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I met a very chaming fella called Ian Cunningham about 3 years ago, and he told me about his site. I joined up and called myself Sexy Bex as a joke... it stuck :D ;)

Reaction score
Whenever I visit someone ring the bell or knock the door, they always ask who is it yep you have the answer> Itsme:D

Reaction score
well my real life name is michael, and i joined at the time when those 118 adverts were shown every other minute on the telly, so michael118 was born!

Reaction score
right

when i fisrt went on an online game server, i had to chose a name.

i didn't want to be 'killer', or 'DR.DEATH' or anything, so i chose a random name that came into my head.

PotGuy. and ive used it on every forum i've ever used.

it would have been a lot cooler if it had been because im a pothead, but im not.

so bleh.

RufusW

King Cruncher
Reaction score
easy money, Rufus Woodwark

I don't see why people don't use their own name on the internet... Why not?

Reaction score
whats in a name

In 1972 I was sent to prison by a military court for a crime I did not commit, I escaped from the military stockade and still wanted by the government I survive as a soldier of fortune, If you can find me may be you can hire the A-Team, da..da..da

(can you guess what i've been watching:D )

Last edited:
Reaction score
I used to love the film Point Break (good movie guys, you should watch it!) so went for Patrick Swayze's character Bodhi. Also from the same movie, my name when im online gaming is Warchild.

So there. :)

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Alf, i dont really know why i chose this name, but i have used it almost all my games and such. but i have replaced it so i only use it here on the forums :)

Ask a Question