From: "Mike T." <[email protected]>
Subject: What the?
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 12:45:33 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.printing

I've got a few networked printers on a W2K Adv. Svr. SP4.
I was snooping around the server and found the following
listed in my list of printers and it was selected as the
Default printer ... how did this happen and how do I
prevent it from happening again?

__%servername%_%printername%/%computername%/Session2

It also kills the print spooler service - I have to
restart it to get the network printers printing again.

Help!

Mike
---

Mike,

What you descibed sounds like a redirected client printer in a terminal session. Where you or anyone else logged into the
server through a terminal session when this happened? The computer name shown in the printer's display name might
help figure out who it was.

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.

Mike T.

Bill,

I use Remote Desktop to get to the servers - but I do not
print while in that mode.

How do I stop this from continuing on?

All of the printers on my network are network printers -
there are no local printers here.

Thanks for writing back.

Mike

[...]

newsgroup/thread

Bill Peele [MS]

--------------------
From: "Mike T." <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: What the?
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 07:19:06 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.printing

Bill,

I use Remote Desktop to get to the servers - but I do not
print while in that mode.

How do I stop this from continuing on?

All of the printers on my network are network printers -
there are no local printers here.

Thanks for writing back.

Mike
---

Mike,

If you are saying you don't want client printers to redirect while in a terminal session, the easiest way to prevent it is to go to
Terminal Services Configuration in Administrative Tools on the server. Once there highlight Connections on the left, right
click on RDP-Tcp on the right and click on Properties. Now go to the Client Settings tab and then put a check in "Windows
printer mapping" to disable the redirecting of printers from clients to their terminal sessions.

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.

Mike T.

Bill,

Thanks for the info - I'm giving it a shot. Hopefully you
won't heard back from me :)

Thanks again.

Mike