what is the "jdbgmr.exe" virus

Garba

Hello. I just received an email from my friend warning me
of a "jdbgmr.exe" virus. it seems that the virus is sent
trough address book and it:

" sits quietly for 14 days before damaging the system. It
is sent automatically by 'messenger' and by address book,
whether or not you sent e-mail to your contacts. "

Now I searched my computer for that file and I found tow
of them. my question is:

1)- Is this file really a virus ?
2)-If so, how can I take it out of my system ? Because I
have contacted the AOL staff and they recommand not
to "delete it and send it to the recycle bin" but instead
contact Microsoft about this issue.

Please Help me.

Thank you.

Carey Frisch [MVP]

This is an email hoax and tries to encourage you to delete a legitimate Windows file
from your computer. Jdbgmgr.exe is the file to which the hoax refers,
and it is the Microsoft Debugger Registrar for Java. The Jdbgmgr.exe file
may be installed when you install Windows.

Jdbgmgr.exe file hoax
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/jdbgmgr.exe.file.hoax.html

--
Carey Frisch