What is it with theese PINGS???

Ninja

Hi all.

I am kind of newbie to all of this but I try my best.
The thing is that I have just installed ZoneAlarm. I get all of theese PING
messages. What is it and why do I get PINGED?

Thanks.
~Ninja~

Duane Arnold

Hi all.

I am kind of newbie to all of this but I try my best.
The thing is that I have just installed ZoneAlarm. I get all of theese
PING messages. What is it and why do I get PINGED?

Thanks.
~Ninja~

You get pinged by another machine to see if your machine will respond to
the request. There is a ping attack that can be lanuched against a
computer, but in your case as a home user, I don't think you should be
concerned. You should be able to configure the FW to block ICMP requests.

Duane :)

Ninja

You get pinged by another machine to see if your machine will respond to
the request. There is a ping attack that can be lanuched against a
computer, but in your case as a home user, I don't think you should be
concerned. You should be able to configure the FW to block ICMP requests.

Duane :)

ZA doesnt allow ICMP requests. Actually on most of the alerts it say that it
blocked access to my computer (ICMP Echo Request ('ping')) from 213.64....

~Ninja~

me

Ninja said:
ZA doesnt allow ICMP requests. Actually on most of the alerts it say that it
blocked access to my computer (ICMP Echo Request ('ping')) from 213.64....

~Ninja~

.... which is telia.net (se) -- your own ISP, by any chance?

Take the advice from the other reply: shut off the alert popup.

--J
Replies to: jNpolak(at)Ojuno(dot)Tcom

Ninja

... which is telia.net (se) -- your own ISP, by any chance?

Take the advice from the other reply: shut off the alert popup.

--J
Replies to: jNpolak(at)Ojuno(dot)Tcom

Yes it is. Oh I do turn it of, I can't stand all of those alerts :). I was
just curios what PING is.

Thanks for the answers.

~Ninja~

?

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Pourquoi_tant_d'=E9toiles_pour_si_p

In
Ninja said:
Yes it is. Oh I do turn it of, I can't stand all of those alerts :).
I was just curios what PING is.

If that was the question try this :

1- open the command line box.
2- type ping /?
3- test ping 127.0.0.1 (w/ or w/o switches)
4- look at the result...

David H. Lipman

It could be the Nachi/Welchia worm looking for vulnerable NT based platforms.

Dave

?

David H. Lipman said:
It could be the Nachi/Welchia worm looking for vulnerable NT based
platforms.

Dave

Dave,

Learn to read the whole thread before replying.

;:)

David H. Lipman

I read the thread -- Your point is... What ?

Dave

"Pourquoi tant d'étoiles pour si peu de trèfles à quatre feuilles ?" <[email protected]>
wrote in message | In | David H. Lipman <[email protected]> typed:
| > It could be the Nachi/Welchia worm looking for vulnerable NT based
| > platforms.
| >
| > Dave
|
| Dave,
|
| Learn to read the whole thread before replying.
|
| ;:)
|

| --
|
| Jean-Luc Cavey
| Paris, France
| E-Mail : (e-mail address removed)

Ninja

David H. Lipman said:
I read the thread -- Your point is... What ?

Dave

"Pourquoi tant d'étoiles pour si peu de trèfles à quatre feuilles ?"
wrote in message | In | David H. Lipman <[email protected]> typed:
| > It could be the Nachi/Welchia worm looking for vulnerable NT based
| > platforms.
| >
| > Dave
|
| Dave,
|
| Learn to read the whole thread before replying.
|
| ;:)
|

| --
|
| Jean-Luc Cavey
| Paris, France
| E-Mail : (e-mail address removed)

It was my fault. I was not clear about my reason for asking. English is not
my native tounge. Sorry. Thanks for answering.

TC
~Ninja~