what is " isearch" please help

Reaction score
Hi, I am not in the IT field, I just happen to have a computer, its very sad, how very little I know about this field, anyway.

I recently got some wierd email in my account (earthlink) and I downloaded a spyware detector from my earthlink site. It detected a spyware called isearch, which appearently has been recording all the sites I go to.

I just want to know who is behind this, COULD IT BE MY EX BOYFRIEND, using this company to harvest my info, that is what I really want to know, or maybe some other psychotic person that wants to get back at me.???

I really have a sneaking suspision, that he has been or is in my account, how can I prevent that?? Is there a way to tell if someone has been, can I prove that it is them, remote accessing my email???

Earthlink offers different profiles, I only use 3 but sometimes there is a different one with a wierd name ,That I DID NOT set up, and then after
a day or so it will be deleted, I have deleted it myself, too, just to have it
return in a few weeks.

what is going on, do people use ISEARCH to spy on me, can I prove who it is???

please, please help me, thank you

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
ISearch is a a Browser Helper Object in Internet Explorer which redirects search keywords used in google to the site master.mx-targeting.com. - this is so it can direct advertising pop-ups to you.

Don't worry, this is normal spyware, it is not something that an individual would use to spy on you.

Download and run Ad-Aware, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster and Windows Defender (If using Windows 2000/XP) from HERE, plus your Antivirus software to give your PC a once over and get rid of some of these nasties :thumb:

If your worried about someone accessing your Earthlink account - change the password.

Last edited:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Personally, I would get rid of it ... very quickly.

Get the programs Ady suggested, all of them. :thumb:

Welcome to the forums :)

Ask a Question