Subject: What is Inetpub?
From: "Joe Cilinceon" (e-mail address removed)
Date: 12/21/2003 6:11 PM Eastern Standard Time

Does anyone have any idea where this folder came from. I just reinstalled XP
and have been reinstalling my software over the last couple of days but
didn't notice what might have made a folder called Inetpub. It also contains
a lot of scripts in different folders.
No idea of where it came from. but Googling for "Inetpub" returned 259,000
references. It's some sort of discussion forum related to publishing websites.
WHy don't you Google it and see if there's a cite in there somewhere that will
give you the info you seek.
HTH,
John
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"
***Arthur C. Clarke***

Tom Pepper Willett

It is the web folder created when you installed IIS web server.

tom
| Does anyone have any idea where this folder came from. I just reinstalled
XP
| and have been reinstalling my software over the last couple of days but
| didn't notice what might have made a folder called Inetpub. It also
contains
| a lot of scripts in different folders.
|
| --
|
| Joe Cilinceon

Rick \Nutcase\ Rogers

Hi Joe,

One of the things you installed was IIS (Internet Information Services) from
the Control Panel/Add & Remove/Windows Components, this folder belongs to
it.

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers aka "Nutcase" MS-MVP - Win9x

Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone

Joined
Dec 26, 2011
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Does anyone have any idea where this folder came from. I just reinstalled XP
and have been reinstalling my software over the last couple of days but
didn't notice what might have made a folder called Inetpub. It also contains
a lot of scripts in different folders.

--

Joe Cilinceon

the folder name as Inetpub is created when you installed the IIS(Internet Information Services) or PWS(personal web server )... in windows it is a built-in feature...