What g-card ?

Reaction score
Hi guys will be building a new system next month and having fun picking a g-card.
I will have 200 quid max and have been looking at the gtx 460/470 and also the radeon 6850/6870 cards.
Any help and suggestions would be appreciated.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
There is a debate going on here,

https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-4026946.php

user.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
A hard choice as they're pretty much level pegging ATI vs Nvidia for performance.

Therefore choose whichever make has the features you best prefer.

Myself, I'm still wary of ATI drivers but it's probably a groundless fear ;)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I'd say the 470, cheaper, better OC clocks etc.

Personally i prefer the Nvidia control panel over AMD's CCC, but that is just a personal opinion. I haven't had any issues with either sides drivers.

FYI OP: i came from an ATI 5870 to my current Nvidia 480 so i have used the latest latest versions of both drivers.

I think both have their good and bad sides, Look at the feature set that each card/manufacturer offers. Take it from there. :)

Reaction score
Thx for the input guys seeing as they are both similar in performance ill go with Nvidia.
Never had any problems with them in the past and never used an ATI card better the Devil u know i suppose =)

Ask a Question