From: Mark ([email protected])
Subject: RE: Managed MAPI service Catastrophic Failure

View this article only
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web
Date: 2004-10-17 10:00:18 PST

I also had this issue. It appeared after the XP SP2 update and only
while
using Outlook 2003 SBE. I solved it by repairing the .NET Framework
installation. Follow the support information link for Microsoft .NET
Framework in the Add or Remove Programs window in the control panel.

I hope this helps,

Mark

http://groups.google.com/groups?as_...epq=MAPI service&safe=images&lr=lang_en&hl=en
--

~~~~~~

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FCA

Stourport, Worcs, England
Enquire, plan and execute.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please tell the newsgroup how any
suggested solution worked for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mark, thanks for replying. Actually, I haven't installed the XP SP2 update
yet. This error message appeared after I updated to 2005 Norton Internet
Security and 2005 Norton System Works. Since I never had this message
before, I am presuming it has to do with installing these updates. I just
received the XP SP2 update CD and tried to install it and it just hangs, so
I'm not sure what the problem is there either. I did look at the .net
framework repair installation instructions, but am not sure what CD or DVD
they are referring to. Any other help you can advise, would be greatly
appreciated. Thank you!

Pat

xfile

Hi:

Don't know if this will help you, but I also had similar experience when I
re-installed NIS 2004 Pro for unsatisfied performance of NIS 2005.

It only ran once to the system during initial configuration, and my guess is
when it was trying to import address book from email client. After that, I
have never seen similar error message.

Maybe you should contact Symantec's technical support, and I am sure this is
related to their product.

Good luck.

I have exactly the same message which appeared after I had loaded Symantic
Internet Security 2005. I use XP home also. Does anyone know what this
message actually means and what is the effect?. I am wary about trying the
suggested repair without knowing what it's all about!

Anyone got any suggestions?

thanks