what do people think of this card?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
As budget cards go, looks ok, the specs make it worth the money.

I've never heard of Zotac though, that's a new one on me.

Reaction score
Seems fair enough. Pretty standard 7300GT. I havn't heard of Zotac either, but I guess it is just a standard card with a passive cooler stuck on top so you probably can't go far wrong.

Reaction score
This was on the first review of the 7300...

'Despite the fact that it said PCI-E on the box, it went into my AGP slot, but that's where I wanted it to go.'

:eek::confused:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I have a 7300GS 512Mb in my Media Centre machine.

For the money, it's a good card. Plays CoD2 fine at medium res :)

Strange, it having 512Mb memory, it was advertised (at overclock) as being 256Mb, it said 256Mb on the box but it most definitely has 512Mb of memory :eek:

This was also the case with the 6200 128Mb I sold to PSD99 recently. I bought that in PC World, the box said 128Mb, there was in fact 256Mb of memory on the card.

Odd eh?

Anyone else got lucky? :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ok, I had a look at Aria's cards, I saw an MSI 7300GT 256Mb at £41.07 plus £6.95 postage which equals, erm, (tstarts counting fingers) £48.02.

Michael's link, the same card, different manufacturer, costs £49.99 delivered.

So that's a saving of, uh, lemme see - £1.97.

Still, a saving's a saving I suppose, and I'd prefer MSI over Zotac but - I would not buy from Aria, I've read too many horror stories about them.

As ever - shop around :)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Ok, I had a look at Aria's cards, I saw an MSI 7300GT 256Mb at £41.07 plus £6.95 postage which equals, erm, (tstarts counting fingers) £48.02.

Michael's link, the same card, different manufacturer, costs £49.99 delivered.

So that's a saving of, uh, lemme see - £1.97.

Still, a saving's a saving I suppose, and I'd prefer MSI over Zotac but - I would not buy from Aria, I've read too many horror stories about them.

As ever - shop around :)

Don't know where you were looking , the card below is on the list in the link I gave and is about £10 cheaper than the one in the opening post . As to Aria's reliability and quality otheres here have a different opinion to you about their service . ;)
happywave.gif

http://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials...IC+nVidia+7300GT+512MB+-+OEM+?productId=28101

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ok, that comes to £39.19 which is a really good deal :thumb:

However, your original link gave a link to a big list of video cards, I just clicked on the first one which matched the criteria.

Perhaps if your link had been more specific, I may have been able to understand.....

Maybe Aria have got better but a coupla years ago, all I saw was complaints.

Which has put me off them forever.

That and the fact they don't supply many technical details.

Ask a Question