• About average

Votes: 26 21.1%
  • Novice / Just starting

Votes: 12 9.8%

• Total voters

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Would you say you're an expert behind the keyboard, or are you just starting out?

I thought it would be interesting to have a poll and see where people are :)

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i think my knowledge is pretty good, admitedly i dont know any programming languages but i know more than the average person

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Novice / Just starting

:)

* well, it's true ... I know naff all on all the new stuff that is out there *

Reaction score
Pretty good here... i'm by no stretch of the imagination am i an expert but definatly better than average, i would say.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Well it only took me 3 days to fit a graphics card . So I don't know if I should go for the Pretty Good or Expert Level option . :lol:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Build my own and manage my own. Of course for information, places like these help :) Even the experts look for feedback on the web to gain knowledge ;)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I'm definitely no expert.

But i spend a lot more time sat infront of the PC reading this that and the other, not to mention all the upgrading to my pc.

I have learned a hell of a lot from this site infact, and for that i thank you! :thumb:

Reaction score
100,000 I.T qualifications later, i realise the more i learn the less I know. But im getting there ;).

Reaction score
pc skills

I have a few IT qualifications, but probably not as many people, came late to IT, in fact up until 7 odd years ago i could not even use a pc:blush: Some is self taught others through training courses.:thumb:

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
when i joined i was crap..
now though only powerpoint and databases away from finishing my ECDL part 2 . Powerpoint exam next friday . I passed my Word last friday with a score of 92% with only 2 days revision , not bad .
Then its onward to the e module and then who knows ??

Last edited:
Reaction score
marleyuk said:
100,000 I.T qualifications later, i realise the more i learn the less I know. But im getting there ;).

lots of NCFE's in Hardware, Programming, Networking, Web Design, Multimedia. A HND in business I.T, and im now 4th Year on my Comp. Science degree.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Me good on hardware, but the finer points of software programs leave me flummoxed.

I guess I'm somewhere between 'About average' & 'Pretty good'.

So for this survey, me will go for 'Pretty good' cos I feeling big-headed right now :)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Similar to Flops - I'm reasonably good on the hardware side, but software not so good.....

Not sure what level we are comparing against here, but if its against the average PC user, then I'd like to think I'm pretty good....:p

*Edit: I see we have 15 declared 'experts' so far - hopefully they will answer all the problems on here then....:rolleyes:

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I noticed that too Ady, we have 15 'Experts' who have viewed this thread then eh?

Depends on one's definition of 'Expert' I suppose.

I know very few people on forums who I'd consider 'Expert' but there are certainly some out there. And even those guys don't know it all, which they freely admit.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I too noticed that and was wondering who they really are ;) I consider myself pretty good with the computer but nowhere near an expert for sure.

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
On the whole I would say "Pretty Good" and that's what I voted for.

I'd like to think I can handle most of the issues I am used to dealing with, and in some areas maybe I would "blow my own trumpet" and classify myself as a expert, but as that's what I do for a living, you have got to be bloody good, or they get someone else. :thumb:

Does that make sense? ;)

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Yeah i'm gonna be honest and say i voted expert as i've been messing up peoples pc's for quite some years now....:D

I work as an engineer and although i don't claim to know everything, I am pretty handy with me screwdrivers and and am tinkering with the bl**dy things 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, 52 weeks a year....So if that don't qualify for expert then i'm going home...:rolleyes:

The Dictionary meaning:
expert

adj : having or showing knowledge and skill and aptitude; "adept in handicrafts"; "an adept juggler"; "an expert job"; "a good mechanic"; "a practiced marksman"; "a proficient engineer";

I hope to think that i am a proficient engineer....:lol:

As Citech said if i were no bloody good, they would soon get someone else....;)

Last edited:

Ask a Question