Well Now That I Got Blood All Over The Place

Onideus Mad Hatter

Have I mentioned recently just how ****ing razor sharp modded cases
are? Be very wary of teh Kingwin MutantX case, bastard is like a meat
slicer inside, especially in the drive bays! o_O

ThePsyko

Have I mentioned recently just how ****ing razor sharp modded cases
are? Be very wary of teh Kingwin MutantX case, bastard is like a meat
slicer inside, especially in the drive bays! o_O

Bah.. when I first started in the industry, there wasn't a day that went by
that I didn't lose blood on those old cases

--
/(bb|[^b]{2})/ that is the Question

ThePsyko
Public Enemy #7
http://prozac.iscool.net

John

Have I mentioned recently just how ****ing razor sharp modded cases
are? Be very wary of teh Kingwin MutantX case, bastard is like a meat
slicer inside, especially in the drive bays! o_O

I never had a problem strangely enough with the older cases but then I
tended to by antec and one other brand which I slips my mind now.

My neighbor bought a Enermax case and that thing was razor sharp
inside. I sliced open my fingertip with it.

Yomamma Bin Crawdaddin

On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 17:11:06 -0800, Onideus Mad Hatter

*(SNIP)*
Lemme guess,
You'll switch to a maxi pad?
:)

candle

when Onideus Mad Hatter buried him beneath the willow, the angels
sang a whiskey lullabye:
Have I mentioned recently just how ****ing razor sharp modded cases
are? Be very wary of teh Kingwin MutantX case, bastard is like a meat
slicer inside, especially in the drive bays! o_O

Oh jesus, when I helped put together my ex's box, I sliced the shit
out of myself on her case, an aluminum job which was sharp on the
inside panels, and then managed to bash my thumb with the removeable
back plane. Needless to say, I was happy to see her box work properly
straight off and not have to go back into the case...

--
candle
mhm27x19 ICQ#34579920

Onideus Mad Hatter

On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 17:11:06 -0800, Onideus Mad Hatter

*(SNIP)*
Lemme guess,
You'll switch to a maxi pad?

What brand do you use, Honey Bunny?

Onideus Mad Hatter

when Onideus Mad Hatter buried him beneath the willow, the angels
sang a whiskey lullabye:

Oh jesus, when I helped put together my ex's box, I sliced the shit
out of myself on her case, an aluminum job which was sharp on the
inside panels, and then managed to bash my thumb with the removeable
back plane. Needless to say, I was happy to see her box work properly
straight off and not have to go back into the case...

Did it look anything like this:
http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/thumb.jpg

^_^

Oh, here's a pic of the case too:
http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/newsys.jpg

I decided to go with a non-windowed one, mostly cause it's for a
more...uh...pedestrian buyer. Can't make it look TOO cutting edge, it
might scare them.

Iceman

Did it look anything like this:
http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/thumb.jpg

^_^

Oh, here's a pic of the case too:
http://www.backwater-productions.net/_images/newsys.jpg

I decided to go with a non-windowed one, mostly cause it's for a
more...uh...pedestrian buyer. Can't make it look TOO cutting edge, it
might scare them.

Windowed is "cutting edge"?

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Now the one you cut your finger on, are you using that one for them?

Hell, Hatter, that one is bleeding edge, I think that one was a bit much
for even you! LOL :)

Onideus Mad Hatter

Windowed is "cutting edge"?

Well here in Wally World it is. I used to take my main machine,
Hikaru Sen out to the college every now and again, but I finally
stopped because people would just like ****ing hover around it like it
was a ****in bug zapper. It's like, YES, you can see the inside,
everything is red, with red lighting, you don't need to ****ing stare
at it for 5 minutes at a time. o_O
BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

It would be more funny if it wasn't so sad.
Now the one you cut your finger on, are you using that one for them?

....isn't that what I said in the last post?
Hell, Hatter, that one is bleeding edge,

Not really. There's a windowed version:
http://iocombo.com/shared/product/product_t_0BXE.jpg

And then if you got that you could by all blue components and set it
up with some "l33t" lighting effects and other eye candy shit.
I think that one was a bit much for even you! LOL :)

Heh, maybe tomorrow I'll post some pics of my main machine. Now it's
over the top. You don't even wanna know how ****ing hard it was (at
the time) to get all red components with a dual Xeon system.

Iceman

Well here in Wally World it is. I used to take my main machine,
Hikaru Sen out to the college every now and again, but I finally
stopped because people would just like ****ing hover around it like it
was a ****in bug zapper. It's like, YES, you can see the inside,
everything is red, with red lighting, you don't need to ****ing stare
at it for 5 minutes at a time. o_O

It would be more funny if it wasn't so sad.

...isn't that what I said in the last post?

Not really. There's a windowed version:
http://iocombo.com/shared/product/product_t_0BXE.jpg

Hatter, sometimes you really surprise me. It was a play on you cutting your
thumb on it, your know, "bleeding edge"?
And then if you got that you could by all blue components and set it
up with some "l33t" lighting effects and other eye candy shit.

Heh, maybe tomorrow I'll post some pics of my main machine. Now it's
over the top. You don't even wanna know how ****ing hard it was (at
the time) to get all red components with a dual Xeon system.

I have some stuff where the lights rotate with different colors and shit,
but never look at it since its under the desk. The only reason I have such
stuff is because it was all they had at the time. When the room is dark and
you walk out at night then you see the lights dancin and wonder WTH is
going on.

As to UV lights they're great on destroying plastics and stuff, makes for a
nice self destructo computer setup.

Onideus Mad Hatter

Hatter, sometimes you really surprise me. It was a play on you cutting your
thumb on it, your know, "bleeding edge"?

That's what I thought when I first read it, but then I was like, "Nah,
he's not that clever."

*shrugs*

Sorry, but usually when I see one of your posts the words "creative"
and "interesting" don't normally pop into my mind.
I have some stuff where the lights rotate with different colors and shit,
but never look at it since its under the desk. The only reason I have such
stuff is because it was all they had at the time. When the room is dark and
you walk out at night then you see the lights dancin and wonder WTH is
going on.

As to UV lights they're great on destroying plastics and stuff, makes for a
nice self destructo computer setup.

I'm not using any UV lights, I find they're not as good as just
getting colored lights and skipping UV reactant internals (at least as
far as the overall color effect). I'm thinkin the UV lights that are
available are probably safe to use, somehow I don't think they're
going to eat through the plastic like magic, if they could, we
wouldn't have a garbage problem in the world.

Mimic

Onideus said:
Have I mentioned recently just how ****ing razor sharp modded cases
are? Be very wary of teh Kingwin MutantX case, bastard is like a meat
slicer inside, especially in the drive bays! o_O

--

Onideus Mad Hatter
mhm ¹ x ¹
http://www.backwater-productions.net

Ive had ones like that, the metal slides right through your fingers and
you dont notice until you see the blood smears :p

No trouble like that anymore, My entire case is carefully crafted from
sheets of UV reactive transparent perspex :)

But that will soon be gone, soon as I find this certain something to
build my new case. And it will own

--
Mimic

"I can speak to people anywhere in the world, I can get any information
I want, I can goto new zealand in 0.384 seconds, why would I want to go
outside?"
"The voices have stopped now. But they had some good ideas."
ZGF0YWZsZXhAY2FubmFiaXNtYWlsLmNvbQ== [ www.hidemyemail.net ]

Mimic

Out of interest, whats your target audience, cuz before you said you
were making cheap boxes for college students, but an alienware case isnt
exactly budget, is this like you upper range ?

--
Mimic

"I can speak to people anywhere in the world, I can get any information
I want, I can goto new zealand in 0.384 seconds, why would I want to go
outside?"
"The voices have stopped now. But they had some good ideas."
ZGF0YWZsZXhAY2FubmFiaXNtYWlsLmNvbQ== [ www.hidemyemail.net ]

Onideus Mad Hatter

Out of interest, whats your target audience, cuz before you said you
were making cheap boxes for college students, but an alienware case isnt
exactly budget, is this like you upper range ?

I make boxen for whoever wants them. I do use fancy cases (Kingwin,
not Alienware in this case...pun intended) mostly as a means of
marketing. The machines I sell cost about as much as the one's you
can find in Staples and so forth, they just look nicer (and usually
use higher grade components, instead of like Celeron processors).

Onideus Mad Hatter

Bah.. when I first started in the industry, there wasn't a day that went by
that I didn't lose blood on those old cases

Thinkin I might look into buying a pair of badass lookin gloves to
wear when I'm doing hardware work...not that I mind so much when I
accidentally cut myself...I do have a blood fetish after all. `, )

Meat Plow

ubject: Well Now That I Got Blood All Over The Place
From: Onideus Mad Hatter <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: alt.2600,alt.comp.hardware,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2005 17:11:06 -0800

Have I mentioned recently just how ****ing razor sharp modded cases
are? Be very wary of teh Kingwin MutantX case, bastard is like a meat
slicer inside, especially in the drive bays! o_O

How ****ing stupid can you be?

Timbertea

ThePsyko said:
Bah.. when I first started in the industry, there wasn't a day that went by
that I didn't lose blood on those old cases

Baseball hitting/golf gloves with the finger tips cut out (otherwise you
can't deal with those microscopic jumpers). It at least reduces the
surface area you can easily get cut on by 90%+. Just cut the very tip
of it out, not all the way back to the knuckle.

Iceman

That's what I thought when I first read it, but then I was like, "Nah,
he's not that clever."

*shrugs*

Sorry, but usually when I see one of your posts the words "creative"
and "interesting" don't normally pop into my mind.

LOL, nice back pedal. You seem to miss a lot of these things. I just don't
bother to point most of them out.
I'm not using any UV lights, I find they're not as good as just
getting colored lights and skipping UV reactant internals (at least as
far as the overall color effect). I'm thinkin the UV lights that are
available are probably safe to use, somehow I don't think they're
going to eat through the plastic like magic, if they could, we
wouldn't have a garbage problem in the world.

It doesn't eat them up totally, just destroys them in a manner similar to
corrosion. There is no fix for it although many attempts have been made to
make them "resistant". It also can be harmful to the eyes and direct visual
contact is to be avoided at all costs.

But heh, it does kill virus, bacteria, etc.