Weird problem

Brenda Hoak

Ok, I downloaded a new driver for my ATI- guess it is video card, it
showed
up on windows update, well after that when it rebooted my task bar at
the bottom was black whenever you click on something it comes up
black, I opened back up in safe mode and reverted back to the old
driver, and still no change, tried 5 different restore points, would
NOT restore- I have Windows XP-
almost seems like the theme has disappeared but I tried bringing up
the display properties screen while in safe mode but it won't keep the
change if I change to another theme- any ideas or clues what is going
on, not the best at explaining things
Brenda

Completely Lost

Don't ever trust third-party hardware drivers that are listed on the windows
update site!

Get your cd for the video driver card and reinstall it totally. That should
restore your video back to the way you had it.

mb

Brenda Hoak said:
Ok, I downloaded a new driver for my ATI- guess it is video card, it
showed
up on windows update, well after that when it rebooted my task bar at
the bottom was black whenever you click on something it comes up
black, I opened back up in safe mode and reverted back to the old
driver, and still no change, tried 5 different restore points, would
NOT restore- I have Windows XP-
almost seems like the theme has disappeared but I tried bringing up
the display properties screen while in safe mode but it won't keep the
change if I change to another theme- any ideas or clues what is going
on, not the best at explaining things
Brenda

Go to the website of your video card manufacturer and download the driver
from there. If your card is made by ATI, then the website you want is
http://www.ati.com/support/driver.html

Third party drivers are drivers like this video card on
the microsoft site,always go to the venders web site for
driver updates for some reason m/s screws them up