From: administration@(mycompanyname).com
To: (one of your user in the AD)
Subject: Email report

Anyone have any idea how this email created, how to filter it. Or anyone whom experienced this before.

Thanks in advance!
-BranBo

CWatters

BranBo said:
Greeting all,

Lately at my office we've got about 2 person received this following
weird email so far and randomly, although i knew it must be done by someone
"outside" the company, but how can i prevent that, and how they do that by
sending as my company's email address (which is not existing)?

Unfortunately I believe it's quite easy to send an email so that it appears
to come from another email address.

For example see this product...

http://www.pcworlddownload.com/internet/email-utilities/Fake-Mailer.htm

Some computer viruses will look in your address book and send out copies of
itself to all your contacts BUT it will make it look like these email came
from someone else not you. That way if any emails it send can't be delivered
you don't get any "Return to sender messages" - so you are not alerted to
the fact that your computer is infected. Clever?

The only thing you can do is change your email address.

karen

BranBo said:
Greeting all,

Lately at my office we've got about 2 person received this following
weird email so far and randomly, although i knew it must be done by someone
"outside" the company, but how can i prevent that, and how they do that by
sending as my company's email address (which is not existing)?
This is the actual email descriptions:
"Dear user,

The management of (mycompanyname).com mailing system wants to let you knwo
that, our antivirus software has detected a large amount of viruses outgoing
from your email account, you may use our free anti-virus tool to clean up
your computer software.
For detail see this attachment.

In order to read the attachment you have to use the following password: 48620

Sincerely,
(mycompanyname).com"

From: administration@(mycompanyname).com
To: (one of your user in the AD)

Anyone have any idea how this email created, how to filter it. Or anyone whom experienced this before.

Thanks in advance!
-BranBo

I think that is the Bagle virus. See
http://us.mcafee.com/virusInfo/default.asp?id=description&virus_k=101095.