Website Problems - Outlook Express N/A

jp2msft

Subject: Website Problems - Outlook Express N/A

Our Group Policy here at work blocks Outlook Express to ensure everyone uses
Microsoft Outlook (Microsoft Office product, not the Express version) for our
corporate emails.

This means I do not have access to Outlook Express's Newsgroup Reader.

I found a way to add a newsgroup reader to Microsoft Outlook, but this is
also blocked by our Group Policy, since it relies on Outlook Express's
Newsgroup Reader.

The only way I have of accessing this message board is through the website,
which appears to stink.

The final nail in the coffin appears to be that our Internet access is
located on a Proxy Server.

Generally, I am able to post a question on Microsoft's Newsgroup through the
website, but I can not reply to my message responses or any other posts.

Does anyone know a fix for this?

Is there some other inexpensive or free basic newsgroup reader that I could
download and try?

Karl Mitschke

Hello jp2msft,

[...]

Search for OMEA Reader

Mine is a non available version, I cannot remember the last released version.

Karl

jp2msft

Well, I tried. It can't seem to get through the proxy and firewall either.

Writing this one from home, by the way.

Karl Mitschke

Hello jp2msft,
Well, I tried. It can't seem to get through the proxy and firewall
either.

Writing this one from home, by the way.

Sounds like they block port 119 through the firewall.

That's too bad.

Karl