Outlook Can't get Outlook 2002 to work in Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have installed Office 2002 on Vista. All the programs except Outlook are fine.

When I try and open Outlook I get the following message:

Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Outlook requires Microsoft Outlook Express 4.01 or greater. You can install Outlook Express by running IE5Setup.exe from IE5 folder located on your CD or through the Windows Update website. When I tried doing this I couldn't because I have a newer version of internet explorer (version 9) and I can't download Outlook Express or IE5 because they are previous versions.

Vista doesn't run Outlook Express and I have Windows Live Mail installed. Tried uninstalling this to no avail and then reinstalling, also to no avail.

I'm not a very technical person and know nothing about programming so need a solution in layman's terms if at all possible??

One solution that has been suggested is to create a .reg file and then export it but not sure if I want to risk doing something I'm not sure about without clear instructions.

Any ideas peeps?

Reaction score
This link should give you pretty good step-by-step instruction on it. I know I had to run through hoops to getting working at home, but that was a few years ago. And the official answer from Microsoft is that Office XP is not supported in Windows Vista. Let me know if it clears anything up for you!

Reaction score
Awesome :dance: I like when "unsupported compatibility issues" can be overcome with a bit of research.

Reaction score
Yeah it's very frustrating when you can't see the answer and then its discovered, so thank you.

Just got to try and figure out why my emails won't send now ha ha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question