Access Query problem

Reaction score
I've stuck on a problem, and I'd be very grateful if someone could help me please.

I'm using Access 2007, and I've created a database for an orchestra. I've created a query with a group by player ID and engagement ID, and entered the total fee as a sum. That all works well. However, I want another column to calculate the VAT on that total fee, if the player has a VAT number. I've tried entering the following - Expr1: IIf([T_MusiciansDetails]![VAT_Number]<>"",[NetTotal]*0.2,"") - both as "grouped by" and "expression". Neither worked. Grouped by splits all the payment types for the VAT players. If I enter it as an expression I get a pop up error 'You tried to execute a query that does not include the specified expression 'IIF(Not [T_MusiciansDetails]![VAT_Number] ="",[T_Payments]![Amount]*0.2 ,"")'. What am I doing wrong? Many thanks for your help.

Ask a Question