Webcam Problem! HELP!

Reaction score
Hello,

My PC has a problem with webcams. I bought a Logitech QuickCam IM. I installed it as in the instructions, software first, then cam, etc., but every time I try to access the preview on "My Computer" or the program it came with it just says "another application is using the device". I traded in the camera for another camera of the same type, same thing happens. So maybe there was a problem with the software, so I try to go on MSN and click on the camera settings, it says 'there is no camera connected' even though the device manager says there is. So I get another camera, a Philips SIC4700/37. The preview thing is not in the 'My Computer' window, but Amcap was installed along with the software. Every time I try to access Amcap it just says "Cannot Instantiate Graph Builder" then "Class not registered" then "0x80040154/7572". So I thought again, maybe its the Amcap program, so I go to MSN, it still doesn't recognize the camera even though the hardware device manager does. Anyone able to help me on this? Thanks in advance.

P.S.

I have a:
Windows XP HE
AMD Athlon XP2600+ ~ 2.1Ghz
512 RAM
DirectX 9.0
NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX/MX 400

Reaction score
uninstall the software that cam with it, then reboot. if windows asks for a driver install from the CD via device manager.

J

Ask a Question