web option picture

Pia Bork

Hello,
in the dialog-box "web options" you find a tab "picture". Can anyone clear
out, what that exactly means? I guess it is the resolution of the whole
presentation (or the slide) - but not the resolution of single pictures
inside a slide. Is that correct?

--
Mit liebem Gruß
Pia Bork

Sonia

Pia, if in that dialog you right click and select "What's this?", you'll get
the description of what the setting does.

Pia Bork

Sorry, Sonia, as I am using PPT 2003 there is no right-click for help in the
dialog-boxes. But you pointed me in the right direction - I'll have a look
in an older PPT and use the direct help there.
Thanks
Pia

Michael Koerner

That is a PITA. Here is what the "What is This" says from my 2002 version.

"Select the screen size that you want for the monitor on which the Web pages
will be displayed. The screen size that you specify can effect the size of the
and layout of images on Web pages. To ensure that Your Web page looks the way
you it to, try viewing it in different Web browsers—some of which you can
download from the Web—and different Screen size settings"

--
<>Please post all follow-up questions/replies to the newsgroup<>
<><>Email unless specifically requested will not be opened<><>

"Pia Bork" <borkp (AT) gmx.de> wrote in message
Sorry, Sonia, as I am using PPT 2003 there is no right-click for help in the
dialog-boxes. But you pointed me in the right direction - I'll have a look
in an older PPT and use the direct help there.
Thanks
Pia

Steve Rindsberg

Hello,
in the dialog-box "web options" you find a tab "picture". Can anyone clear
out, what that exactly means? I guess it is the resolution of the whole
presentation (or the slide) - but not the resolution of single pictures
inside a slide. Is that correct?

As you know, when PowerPoint saves as web pages, one of the things it creates
is a bitmap image of each slide.

It uses the Screen Size option on the Pictures tab to decide how large to make
the bitmap images. If you know you'll show the web presentation on a small low
rez screen, it doesn't make any sense to create huge bitmap images of the
slides. And if you know you'll use a high resolution display, you certainly
don't want to show nasty little bitmap images! ;-)

Pia Bork

Hi Steve,

Steve said:
It uses the Screen Size option on the Pictures tab to decide how
large to make the bitmap images.

I guessed so - but on the first look I didn't see any differences betwenn
544x376 or 1920x1200.
I figured out that the whole slide is shown smaller or bigger - but only if
you deactivate "fit picture to webbrowser window" on the first tab of this
dialogue.

--
Mit liebem Gruß
Pia Bork

Pia Bork

Michael said:
That is a PITA. Here is what the "What is This" says from my 2002
version.

Thanks for helping.
I do not understand why the little help in the diaogues is gone. Sometimes
it was not a little but a big and
above all a quick help.

--
Mit liebem Gruß
Pia Bork

Michael Koerner

I totally agree.

Michael said:
That is a PITA. Here is what the "What is This" says from my 2002
version.

Thanks for helping.
I do not understand why the little help in the diaogues is gone. Sometimes
it was not a little but a big and
above all a quick help.

--
Mit liebem Gruß
Pia Bork
German MVP Powerpoint
www.ppt-faq.de
www.bork-tipps.de

Steve Rindsberg

Thanks for helping.
I do not understand why the little help in the diaogues is gone. Sometimes
it was not a little but a big and
above all a quick help.

Hi Pia. It's not just your version by the way. There's no help in the English
language version either.