Web Browser Hijacked

My IE has been hi-jacked by websearch. I have ran HijackThis, Ad-Ware, Spyware & nothing helps. When I run Hijack this, I see where the entries are & check them off. When I do a scan again, everything is back to normal. When I open IE & do a search from the address bar, it goes to www.websearch.com. I have ran the CWShredder & it found nothing. Ad-Ware finds the registry. I am lost & ready to pull my hair out. Am I missing something?

Dave

I am experiencing the same thing. Can somebofy help???
My IE has been hi-jacked by websearch. I have ran
HijackThis, Ad-Ware, Spyware & nothing helps. When I run
Hijack this, I see where the entries are & check them off.
When I do a scan again, everything is back to normal. When
I open IE & do a search from the address bar, it goes to
www.websearch.com. I have ran the CWShredder & it found
nothing. Ad-Ware finds the registry. I am lost & ready to
pull my hair out. Am I missing something?

Don Varnau

Hi,
See if either of these sites help.
http://www.websearch.com/Help/Help_Toolbar.aspx#installed10
http://www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner/library/websearchtoolbar.bho1/index.phtml

Don
--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.

"Corey" wrote in message
My IE has been hi-jacked by websearch. I have ran HijackThis, Ad-Ware,
Spyware & nothing helps. When I run Hijack this, I see where the entries are
& check them off. When I do a scan again, everything is back to normal. When
I open IE & do a search from the address bar, it goes to www.websearch.com.
I have ran the CWShredder & it found nothing. Ad-Ware finds the registry. I
am lost & ready to pull my hair out. Am I missing something?

Thanks, but it's not their toolbar. If I just go into my regular address bar & typr something, it goes to websearch.

Don Varnau

Corey,
They've just helped remove websearch at
http://forum.aumha.org/viewforum.php?f=30 Go to
The Parasite Fight - Quick Fix Protocol: http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
Work through all of the preliminary steps (1-6) then post a HijackThis log
to the forum at http://forum.aumha.org/viewforum.php?f=30 You can look over
the existing websearch thread, but should post your own log as a new thread.

Don