Weather trend this winter from Met Office

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Oh yes @bootneck02, I read something about that on one of the News websites. I'm not looking forward to snow, just yet, because I'm still needing to wear sandals after my recent toe surgery. (Unless I can get hold of a pair of peep-toe wellie-boots! :D)

Reaction score
The worst affected parts of UK will be the eastern side because the the wind will be coming from Russia so perhaps you will not be affected too badly

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
I'm still needing to wear sandals after my recent toe surgery. (Unless I can get hold of a pair of peep-toe wellie-boots! :D)

These would seem ideal for you TC. :)

Very stylish and with a great name ??????? :D

Fake sandals.JPG

:D

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
The worst affected parts of UK will be the eastern side because the the wind will be coming from Russia so perhaps you will not be affected too badly

Well I'll be, seems to me that the winter winds in the uk have been blowing across Russia and on to the east coast ever since I was born. :rolleyes:

My mate has just moved to Scarborough from Kendal and he told me that it was just as warm there all year as Pembroke where I am moving to. I told him it was not so but he insisted that he was right. Looks like that was another waste of a grammar school education then. :lol:

Reaction score
Oh just a dusting, just wait till the heavy stuff comes. At least in the Northern European countries they are prepared for the winter snow where as in the UK every time we get a hard frost or a dusting of snow the country closes down.:confused:

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
Looks quite mild for Helsinki, Urmas. :D

Yup. This is just the first warning. "Permanent" snow cover (one that usually lasts 'til April or so) tends to arrive just before... ahem... sorry, Christmas in Helsinki area.

Reaction score
Just got back from taking dogs for a quick walk and by gingo it is darn cold out there:eek:

Reaction score
Well I'll be, seems to me that the winter winds in the uk have been blowing across Russia and on to the east coast ever since I was born. :rolleyes:

My mate has just moved to Scarborough from Kendal and he told me that it was just as warm there all year as Pembroke where I am moving to. I told him it was not so but he insisted that he was right. Looks like that was another waste of a grammar school education then. :lol:

Apparently not we have been getting over the last few years from the Atlantic and not from Russia.

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
13-3-8589433.jpg

Sunrise today at 8:05. Sunset today at 16:03. Length of day is 7 h 58 min.

Local weather observations
Helsinki Wed 9.11. 18:10

Temperature -3.7 °C
Humidity 97%
Dew point -4.2 °C
Precipitation during the previous hour 0.1 mm (18:00)
Wind speed 4 m/s
Wind direction north-east wind (60°)
Wind gust 5 m/s
Pressure 1017.7 hPa
Visibility 16 km
Cloud cover cloudy (8/8)
Snow depth 25 cm

Reaction score
Oh yes @bootneck02, I read something about that on one of the News websites. I'm not looking forward to snow, just yet, because I'm still needing to wear sandals after my recent toe surgery. (Unless I can get hold of a pair of peep-toe wellie-boots! :D)

So long they are green wellies....then you would look good,even better with green toe nails!!

Ask a Question