We will remember them

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
On the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month in 1918 the guns of Europe fell silent, and we use the anniversary of that day to remember all those who have died in conflict for their country.

Please take two minutes of your time to remember them.

Thank you

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
The site I was working on this morning went as silent as a mouse at 11.00. I was so impressed!

No phones ringing, no managers bawling at staff, even the customers respected it!:thumb:

Good job too - we owe a lot to those who have, and continue, to ptotect us.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Couple of links:

Silence

Race to remember

Strange thing, when I was in my teens I had no time for this, I just didn't, or wouldn't understand.

It is only after some years have passed than I can get a perspective on the whole thing, WW2 as well, and understand.

I should count myself lucky, really, to have been born in peacetime and hopefully die in peacetime.

Thanks to those guys.

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
Even thought I'm far too young to remember it (!!!), WW2 is still in the minds of many people down here in the Islands, because during WW2, they were the only parts of Great Britain to be occupied by The Germans.

There is still a lot of defences and bunkers which have been restored and used for other uses, but it's a constant reminder.

One of the Islands (Alderney) was even used as a POW camp for a while - That's one very scary thought!

Ask a Question