:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Total points = 90,042

WELL DONE TEAM

highest climber today was
Rush

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I got a big job on the go today, hopfully will have finished by the time i get home.
The other device is working by the way, just if anyone wondered.
Been going for ages, i checked it out yesterday night, is up to 48% after a run time of 30 hours i think. :confused: Does that sound right to you guys? if so then thats the first job i seen thats so big. :eek:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Vanilla Radio said:
I got a big job on the go today, hopefully will have finished by the time i get home.
The other device is working by the way, just if anyone wondered.
Been going for ages, i checked it out yesterday night, is up to 48% after a run time of 30 hours i think. :confused: Does that sound right to you guys? if so then that's the first job i seen that's so big. :eek:
If it is one of the HIV jobs yes, up-to 72 hours ... you can opt out of them if you wish or if your PC is not up to doing them ... they are 'heavy' hitters though.

;)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
If it is one of the HIV jobs yes, up-to 72 hours ... you can opt out of them if you wish or if your PC is not up to doing them ... they are 'heavy' hitters though.
Belive it or not its a Proteome (Did i spell that right?) one. So is the one running on my pc too. I know their pc is always on in the evenings and i think i convinced them to leave it on during the day, but not overnight, as its in the 17 y/olds bedroom, and he cant sleep with it on!

I've set it up so it dont do any (e-mail address removed) jobs as i think it would cripple it! It dont meet the system requirements......

Mine however, it'll run anything you throw at it, played FEAR and HL2 last night, didnt have a prob. :D

muckshifter

Reaction score
Well there are some really 'juicy' ones around ... as long as its working, leave it.

:thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Indeed mucks,

By the way what are your recomendations on the setting of the storage size on your devices? I've read that you can get more points if you bump up the size......

Any ideas? :thumb:

phicksus

Sweet and Innocent
Reaction score
Set it to 10gb and you will get more points. :D

muckshifter

Reaction score
I hear & read lots of "tweaks" ... but I don't have Windows. ;)

:p

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Hi Phicks, Ok couple of q's as mucks dont use windows!

Does it actually use the 10GB?

Does it make a big difference?

Cheers!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
OK just picked thsi off the WCG FAQ's

Hard Disk Storage: On your preferences page, you set the megabytes of hard disk space allocated and available to World Community Grid projects. The lesser of the amount of hard drive space allocated and the amount of total space available on your hard drive partition, is divided by the Hard Disk Storage value of World Community Grid Comparison Device. The result of this calculation is then multiplied by the run time used to complete the work unit and return the results to World Community Grid Servers.
Its sounds like it should help......

phicksus

Sweet and Innocent
Reaction score
Right now WCG is using 179 mb. My storage score is 196. ;)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Right now WCG is using 179 mb
By that do you mean, 179MB of HD space? If so that aint even close to the 10GB limit.

Or do ya mean RAM?? :)

I aint at home so cant check mine at the mo.....

phicksus

Sweet and Innocent
Reaction score
177 MB (185,962,496 bytes) Thats what the folder says. I'm also using udmon and I think those extra wu are in there as well. :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ah, i see. Right i'll have a play when i get home tonight! :thumb:

Cheers Phicks, See ya on another forum soon, i gotta go work now. :(

Reaction score
I'm quite dissapointed in Mr. Imrie - he seems to have created a device profile on *MY* WCG account and changed the storage capacity to the minimum possible (50Mb)

How am i assuming its him? He called it "Yes..." and thats the name of his Bluetooth Profile on his mobile phone.

I let people help us out by crunching for us and he has to abuse it :( Naughty stingray... if it was you.

Chris

muckshifter

Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
I'm quite dissapointed in Mr. Imrie - he seems to have created a device profile on *MY* WCG account and changed the storage capacity to the minimum possible (50Mb)

How am i assuming its him? He called it "Yes..." and thats the name of his Bluetooth Profile on his mobile phone.

I let people help us out by crunching for us and he has to abuse it :( Naughty stingray... if it was you.

Chris
Huh! ... do you mind telling me how? :confused:

If it you two can't get on then your 'services' will no longer be required ... I ain't playing no game. :mad:

DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm sure Chris wouldn't do that as its all helping the same cause? The rivalry/competition is just for a bit of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question