Wap

peahouse05

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi All
Have a SWEEX 4-port router with three PCs and laptop connected by cable and RJ45 sockets. Two PCs crunch in the shed and the main one I use crunches in a bedroom. Daughter's laptop (recently revived) connects to a RJ45 Socket in the lounge. I (she) would like this to be wireless. Is there a wireless access point that will connect to an RJ45 plug (or otherwise)? I know I will need a wireless card for the laptop.
I have Googled this but not sure about the connections and have seen stuff about disabling DCHP on the router (cannot even remember the password on the SWEEX!)
Thanks in advance
peahouse05:confused:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
You could buy a new Wireless router, I dont rate the sweex stuff much tbh....

I got a Speedtouch 585v6 wireless ADSL2+ router from DSLDepot they do refurb stuff, but its all good stuff. The 585 is regarded as the best and most stable ADSL router available. Its £60 new i got mine for £20 + £4 for p+p. :)

This one here

HTH's

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Wireless, is a minefield, it either works or it doesn't ... ;)

Getting wireless to "work" is primarily left to the quality of the software, bundled with the device, to do the work for you. Diagnosing wireless "problems" needs an expert, or, some damn good luck via Google.

You will need a good Wireless Router & a good Wireless card for the Laptop ... do not be tempted to get any "quick-fix" alternatives such as USB dongles. It's your hair.

oh, If you have a "reset" switch on your Router use it, it will reset the password to the default ... if not, remove the power to it for a few mins.

user.gif

Ask a Question