wap signal strength

steve

is there an efficient way to detect wap signal strength/network connectivity
w/o attempting a lan dependant operation and waiting for it to time-out?

tia,

steve

One Handed Man \( OHM - Terry Burns \)

Did you really mean to post to this group ?

--

OHM ( Terry Burns )
. . . One-Handed-Man . . .

Time flies when you don't know what you're doing

steve

yes, i did. does this not qualify as a valid programming task b/c the words
code, program, vb.net, etc. are missing from the description!!!

"One Handed Man ( OHM - Terry Burns )" <news.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Did you really mean to post to this group ?
|
| --
|
| OHM ( Terry Burns )
| . . . One-Handed-Man . . .
| If U Need My Email ,Ask Me
|
| Time flies when you don't know what you're doing
|
| | > is there an efficient way to detect wap signal strength/network
| connectivity
| > w/o attempting a lan dependant operation and waiting for it to time-out?
| >
| > tia,
| >
| > steve

One Handed Man \( OHM - Terry Burns \)

I guess whwat I was driving at was your post could be described as taciturn
at best. You could have provided a little more information as to what you
had tried already and where you had looked.

--

OHM ( Terry Burns )
. . . One-Handed-Man . . .
If U Need My Email ,Ask Me

Time flies when you don't know what you're doing

steve

|I guess whwat I was driving at was your post could be described as taciturn
| at best. You could have provided a little more information as to what you
| had tried already and where you had looked.

i also found your response rather assumptive given the context in which i
posted the question and also less than loquacious. perhaps expressing what
you "know" about the subject substituting your lack thereof with appropriate
urls would save us both time! my question was quite straightforward and to
the point...a valued commodity of expression in my estimation. should i have
dummied it down some for you? if all you can contribute is condescension as
a response, please keep it to yourself. do you get what i'm "driving at" ?

however, i do appreciate anyone's feedback who actually has something useful
to contribute.

Cor Ligthert

Steve,

Even questions as how to ping on a connected network are not easy to answer
with dotNet.

However maybe will this more and more active newsgroup give you faster and
easier an answer.

microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework

A lot of the devices used by that needed this.

I hope this helps?

Cor

steve

thanks cor.

| Steve,
|
| Even questions as how to ping on a connected network are not easy to
answer
| with dotNet.
|
| However maybe will this more and more active newsgroup give you faster and
| easier an answer.
|
| microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework
|
| A lot of the devices used by that needed this.
|
| I hope this helps?
|
| Cor

One Handed Man \( OHM - Terry Burns \)

Your attitude does not help. My comments were not condescending, simply
asking for more information however, the following comments are in line with
your assumtion.

You are lacking basic interpersonal skills, perhaps your mother didnt give
you enough attention as a child, or perhaps too much attention, I'm sure you
know the answer to that.

In any case, I hope you dont find a solution to your technical issue, but
honestly hope someone can help in getting some assistance to transform your
nasty personality into something people would find more willing to
communicate with.

--

OHM ( Terry Burns )
. . . One-Handed-Man . . .
If U Need My Email ,Ask Me

Time flies when you don't know what you're doing

Cor Ligthert

Hi Terry,

Bring it back to more important things, who do you think that will win
tonight PSV or Arsenal?

:)

Cor

One Handed Man \( OHM - Terry Burns \)

Arsenal 2-1

--

OHM ( Terry Burns )
. . . One-Handed-Man . . .
If U Need My Email ,Ask Me

Time flies when you don't know what you're doing

steve

<in-line>

|My comments were not condescending

|| Did you really mean to post to this group ?
|| your post could be described as taciturn at best.

hmmm...how should one take that?

btw, why ohm? is the other hand solely dedicated to turning you permanently
"japanese" rendering only one available for interaction w/ other things?

whatever...please just mark my address in you client to "ignore" me...as i
have done the same w/ yours.

One Handed Man \( OHM - Terry Burns \)

Well, if you have then you wont read this will you.

Your last post actually made me laugh, it was trully funny, so thanks for
that.

--

OHM ( Terry Burns )
. . . One-Handed-Man . . .
If U Need My Email ,Ask Me

Time flies when you don't know what you're doing

steve

for those interested...found this on the net.

| is there an efficient way to detect wap signal strength/network
connectivity
| w/o attempting a lan dependant operation and waiting for it to time-out?

Imports System.Management

Public Function GetSignalStrength() As String
On Error Resume Next
Dim query As ManagementObjectSearcher
Dim Qc As ManagementObjectCollection
Dim Oq As ObjectQuery
Dim Ms As ManagementScope
Dim Co As ConnectionOptions
Dim Mo As ManagementObject
Dim outp As String
Co = New ConnectionOptions
Ms = New ManagementScope("root\wmi")
Oq = New ObjectQuery("SELECT * FROM MSNdis_80211_ReceivedSignalStrength
Where active=true")
query = New ManagementObjectSearcher(Ms, Oq)
Qc = query.Get
For Each Mo In query.Get
outp = outp & Mo("Ndis80211ReceivedSignalStrength") & " "
ISIPActive = Mo("Active")
Next
Return outp.Trim()
End Function