Walking Today

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Some pics when out today. I've had to scale them down to get them on the post.

attachment.php

Roseberry Topping

attachment.php

attachment.php

The back of Roseberry

attachment.php

The buildings you can just see on the far left are Aireyholme Farm, where Captain James Cook lived from very early childhood until he left to go to sea when he was about 18.

Attachments

• DSCF2920A.jpg
    DSCF2920A.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 254
  • DSCF2912A.jpg
    DSCF2912A.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 284
  • DSCF2913A.jpg
    DSCF2913A.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 243
  • DSCF2917A.jpg
    DSCF2917A.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 247
Reaction score
Awesome as ever Niv....Pity they are scaled down as I wouldn't mind using them as desktop backgrounds..Ask Uncle Flops what site he uses for his pics..He has linked in the past and we were able to get full scale pics....:thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I really am fond of Yorkshire :)

Nice pix Niv, love 'em.

MadX - the pix I host are on my own webspace.

I've only ever provided links to full scale pix, have never posted them.

Recommended size for posting pix in forum is 800 pixels wide and no limit on depth (within reason).

Any pictures over 1000 pixels wide seriously disrupt the viewing of the threads they're posted in and are extremely irritating.

So 800 wide is a good yardstick :thumb:

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
I really am fond of Yorkshire :)

Nice pix Niv, love 'em.

MadX - the pix I host are on my own webspace.

I've only ever provided links to full scale pix, have never posted them.

Recommended size for posting pix in forum is 800 pixels wide and no limit on depth (within reason).

Any pictures over 1000 pixels wide seriously disrupt the viewing of the threads they're posted in and are extremely irritating.

So 800 wide is a good yardstick :thumb:

Apologies..I thought perhaps they were onn a site we could all utilise...Off to explore Windows 7..As the McDonlads add says "I'm loving it".....:p

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Excellent photos Niv, the scenery is wonderful, what terrific views. Thank you for sharing :D

Reaction score
Those scenes look very irish green to me.....ya must be knackered after all that walkin man.
Zzzzz

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I've been crag ratting there, luverly , fair makes me old heart ache.

http://atpic.com/

This is a good site for hosting your pics. Bit fiddly to set up but easy peasy once done. You can put up pics at full size an follks can download em. An you can put up decent length vids aswell.

:D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Great pics Niv :D, is that near Guisborough? I'd not seen much of the Moors and Dales, apart from when we've had an explore near Whitby.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
is that near Guisborough? when we've had an explore

Yes just a few miles away. In fact you can see Guisborough fron the top. :)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
You might want to go to these when they happen.

ODIN’S GLOW; October 22 - 25
Roseberry Topping is one of the region’s best-known natural icons and this innovative event will quite literally highlight this fantastic natural landmark using light and performance to create an environmental artwork. The Vikings gave Roseberry Topping its present name, which is one of only a handful of known pagan names in England. ‘Roseberry’, or ‘Odin’s Hill’, refers to the Norse god Odin, and this ancient and mythical heritage will provide the inspiration for the festival.

ILLUMINATING HADRIAN’S WALL; Sat 7 Nov - Mon 14 Dec
Visitors and communities will have the opportunity to experience the once-in-a-lifetime spectacle of the 73 mile route of Hadrian’s Wall illuminated through sensitive yet incredible light installations and events along the Frontier of the Roman Empire. Illuminating Hadrian's Wall is a collaborative project by Hadrian's Wall Heritage Ltd, Northumberland Lights, Kendal Arts International and Culture10

happywave.gif

Ask a Question